Flower Class Corvette @ 1/144

longshanks

Looks like L'Arsenal has already started, with a 20mm Oerlikon. Might be able to get them from Starling Models in due course?

Mike

Although, in Revell's defence, their Oerlikon in 144th is infinitely better than Matchbox's attempt in 72nd.....

The L'Arsenal 20mm are superb miniatures ..........

Out of interest I emailed 'Eduard' to see if they had any plans for an etch set for the Corvette here is the response

Petra Šolcová (Eduard Support)

Apr 13, 13:53

Dear Kevin,
we have not made final decision on this one yet. So all I can say is that we do think about including a set for this kit in our PE line, but it has not yet been finaly decided.
Have a nice day.

Petra Solcova

I must say they were very prompt with their answer

So Come ON everyone start nagging, they haven't said no

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like L'Arsenal has already started, with a 20mm Oerlikon. Might be able to get them from Starling Models in due course?

Mike

I was thinking of doing an etch set for it but will have to have a look at the kit first. As has been said, something to convert to a RN ship would seem a good idea.

Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely excited about this one,

It would look wonderful to complement my growing 1/144 submarine/submersible collection as an 'adversary' model.

I think it's a handsome looking corvette.

• 3 weeks later...

We have one in for review, and I'll be getting it out to Dave early next week. I couldn't comment on the contents though, as I haven't even opened the box yet :)

• Like 2

No pictures yet, but I have looked into mine today. It looks very good, actually I think it is above the usual revell standart. The plastic has very very little flash, it is a nice, darker plastic and the parts look quite crisply molded. I will get the hull together tonight I guess.

It looks VERY promising, could be a real gem with Photoetch!!!

Here you go. Very dark already so quality is p... poor but that's all I can do for a first impression....it looks really quite good.

I can not comment on the fit except for the hull though. The halves go together quite well, no complains here.

I will attach a link to an album and not the individual pictures. Have fun.

http://s109.photobucket.com/user/PhilTN/slideshow/flower_class_revell

one quick impression, see the link above for the rst.

IMG_1747_zpsiayfaw1t.jpg

Edited by philtn
  • Like 2

Thanks for putting those spru shots up, it looks really very good to my eye, I think I'd be happy to do one without resorting to etch looking at those. Hoping this is adaptable to doing a model of HMS Crocus which was skippered by a Kiwi.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz