Revell 1/32 Hunter FGA9 79 Squadron & Echelon 1/32 WB188 Prototype

Well its been ages since I updated this build, been manic at work and spent the bank holiday weekend in London, Twickenham on Saturday for the Rugby Prem final and Wembley on Monday for a gut wrenching experience seeing Argyle lose in the L2 play-off final to Wimbledon :-(

But I have managed to make a bit of progress on both models.

Worked on the interior of the Echelon kit, its not great and the spare Revell console I had doesn't fit so having to use the kit instrument panel.

HUNTER-F1-01.jpg

The beast is now all together and i've spent a lot of time filling and sanding the filling and sanding some more and so on... :fraidnot:

Still not fully happy with it, but life it too short and this is going to have to do i'm afraid!!

HUNTER-F1-03.jpg

The Revell kit is far more straightforward, but even that need some attention on the fuselage and the wings, can't take too much more filling and sanding lol!

HUNTER-F9-2.jpg

I've decided to do the Echelon kit as the prototype WB188 and have now given it a coat of Sky which is pretty close to the duck-egg green.

I've no doubt there are some differences I haven't spotted but I think its close enough for me.

HH-Proto.jpg

• Like 1

And so from the sheets of white vac plastic something vaguely resembling a Hunter is emerging :-)

Soon be back onto the Revell kit which after this i'm looking forward to!!

HH-Proto2.jpg

HH-Proto3.jpg

Edited by SimonR
  • Like 2

Thanks Bill!

Must admit it was a challenge for me as i'm no scratch builder and theres a bit of that needed on this kit and i've still got more to do as the white metal parts of the kit were missing.

I wanted to do a Mk4 or 5 but there are no gun troughs on the fuselage and I really had no idea how to create those, so went for the nice clean lines of the prototype!! Only problem is I can hide anything with the overall single colour scheme!!

Good luck with your T8!

cheers

Simon

Couple more photos, decaling is in progress - i've ordered some serial numbers from Hannants, hopefully arrive today.

I painted this with Revell Aquacolour Sky with a couple of coats of Hycote lacquer from a rattle can.

HH-Proto4.jpg

HH-Proto5.jpg

You may have noticed - my 5 year old son discovered my old subbuteo stuff in the loft and is obsessed with playing with it lol

Edited by SimonR
  • Like 2

Thanks Steve! Vac form should be right up your street with your scratch building skills!

Just returned from a week working away so hopefully make some more progress on these two soon!

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all, its been a while!!

Well its unlikely i'm going to get either of these finished, probably a bit over ambitious to try and get 2 1/32 scale kits done in the timescale and life and work have kept getting in the way of the important stuff!!

Anyway, update on the FGA9, its been primed, pre-shaded and had a coat of sark sea grey!!

HUNTER-F9-3.jpg

HUNTER-F9-4.jpg

I've also go the camo done since I took these pics, i'll now put this to one side and see if I can finish the Prototype!

cheers

Simon

• Like 2