Xtrakit 1/72 Hawker Hunter T.7 - XF321 RAE Bedford 1980-84 ++FINISHED++

Thanks for all your kind comments and support throughout this build gents.

I don't know about a lightning fast build Jean, I always seem to get pretty close to the wire with these Group Builds and, but for the weeks deadline extension kindly granted by Enzo, this would have been pretty close too. Not good for the nerves at all - fun though. :frantic:

• 3 years later...

Just been having a read through this build as I have the same kit in my stash and I'm planning to make it my next attempt, albeit in the blue/white "admiral's barge" scheme (your end result looks stunning). I have very little experience with these short run kits, so I expect it to be "challenging". I hope you don't mind me referring to your experience for tips. All that palaver with the wings looks a bit scary...

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/06/2020 at 14:52, TonyOD said:

Just been having a read through this build as I have the same kit in my stash and I'm planning to make it my next attempt, albeit in the blue/white "admiral's barge" scheme (your end result looks stunning). I have very little experience with these short run kits, so I expect it to be "challenging". I hope you don't mind me referring to your experience for tips. All that palaver with the wings looks a bit scary...

My apologies for the delay in responding to your post Tony. I am surprised that you have found anything useful in my ramblings :D, but feel free to use whatever you can for your build. The best advice I can give with any short run kit is to test and adjust the parts before committing to glue. The wings aren't as daunting as they appear to be, just take your time and make small adjustments until you are happy with the outcome. Good luck with your build

Regards

John

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

My apologies for the delay in responding to your post Tony. I am surprised that you have found anything useful in my ramblings :D, but feel free to use whatever you can for your build. The best advice I can give with any short run kit is to test and adjust the parts before committing to glue. The wing aren't as daunting as they appear to be, just take your time and make small adjustments until you are happy with the outcome. Good luck with your build

Regards

John

Thanks John 😁

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

@nimrod54 I've only recently joined this site - but found your thread whilst googling reviews of this T7 kit (the full-size is a real looker). I have to say, what a stunning job you've made of what consensus holds to be a slightly rough kit! I'm a long way off your skill level, but having seen what can be produced, I'm tempted to pick one up. Thanks for the detailed build record.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Shearwater said:

@nimrod54 I've only recently joined this site - but found your thread whilst googling reviews of this T7 kit (the full-size is a real looker). I have to say, what a stunning job you've made of what consensus holds to be a slightly rough kit! I'm a long way off your skill level, but having seen what can be produced, I'm tempted to pick one up. Thanks for the detailed build record.

Welcome to the site @The Shearwater, and thank you for your kind comments.  you will find that there are a lot of friendly folk on here who are willing to share info and tips and in some cases even spare parts. As for this kit whilst it does have a few issues, they are not insurmountable and, as you have seen, with a some corrections and a few simple improvements, makes up into a nice model.

As for my modelling skills, I would still consider my self to be an average builder when compared to some of the other modellers on here. The main thing to remember is that this is a hobby and as such is meant to be fun, don't get frustrated if things are not working out - ask, someone will have a suggestion or possible work around.

Enjoy.

John

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

Welcome to the site @The Shearwater, and thank you for your kind comments.  you will find that there are a lot of friendly folk on here who are willing to share info and tips and in some cases even spare parts. As for this kit whilst it does have a few issues, they are not insurmountable and, as you have seen, with a some corrections and a few simple improvements, makes up into a nice model.

As for my modelling skills, I would still consider my self to be an average builder when compared to some of the other modellers on here. The main thing to remember is that this is a hobby and as such is meant to be fun, don't get frustrated if things are not working out - ask, someone will have a suggestion or possible work around.

Enjoy.

John

Thank you for the kind comments John. You’re right, the breadth of talent and helpfulness on the site is impressive! I’m unlikely to reach the quality of some on here, but I’m a) improving and b) still enjoying it, which is all that matters. And I’ve just bought an airbrush, so that’s a new skill/challenge/nightmare... (I’ll delete as appropriate when the current build project is complete!!!)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Shearwater said:

the breadth of talent and helpfulness on the site is impressive! I’m unlikely to reach the quality of some on here, but I’m a) improving and b) still enjoying it, which is all that matters.

I've found it an immensely helpful, interesting and inspiring place since I joined last June!

• Like 2