Gannet AEW kits in 1/48 scale?

FAAFAN

All,

I am a lurker here on Britmodeller, seldom posting but looking daily. I am interested in finding the above. I was fortunate enough to have built the Gannet (COD) offered by Classic Airframes years ago, but can't locate an AEW version in my scale- anything in Vac form, injection or resin is fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks and all the best, bob

To my knowledge there has never been a 48th Gannet AEW. Classic Airframes had one showing (with nice boxart) as coming soon on their website sometime ago, but never (very) sadly not released.

Be great if Sword upscale their 72nd AEW, like they did with the Lightnings.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

All,

I am a lurker here on Britmodeller, seldom posting but looking daily. I am interested in finding the above. I was fortunate enough to have built the Gannet (COD) offered by Classic Airframes years ago, but can't locate an AEW version in my scale- anything in Vac form, injection or resin is fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks and all the best, bob

To my knowledge there has never been a 48th Gannet AEW. Classic Airframes had one showing (with nice boxart) as coming soon on their website sometime ago, but never (very) sadly not released.

Be great if Sword upscale their 72nd AEW, like they did with the Lightnings.

I think the AEW3 was a pretty aircraft I have just started modelling in 1/48 scale so would like to have a kit of one.

It appears that Classic Airframes was released in the past see the above post where it has been built

Rodders

I think the AEW3 was a pretty aircraft I have just started modelling in 1/48 scale so would like to have a kit of one.

It appears that Classic Airframes was released in the past see the above post where it has been built

Rodders

Classic Airframes released (and recently re-released by Hannants) the Gannet ASW variant, but not the very different AEW.

If there was a 1/48 Gannet AEW.3 I would have it along with my stash of Dynavector, Classic Airframes, Revell,Trumpeter and Frog ASWs.

• 9 months later...

To: FAAFAN. I just heard from a fellah at Kitty Hawk. They were the guys who did the ejection molds for Classic Airframes. They recently bought everything from Classic Airframes and there's a possibility that they may bring out a 1/48 Fairey Gannet AEW 3 and a 1/48 Fairey Gannet COD. I also heard from RVHP that they will soon be re-issuing their 1/72 HU 16 B AEW. I had attempted to get them from a guy called "JBEGUNES"...just a rip off. Stay away from this guy! I already have the money for four of them set aside. No, I have not told "She Who Must Be Obeyed" about it. I'm currently working on detailed wing folds for a 1/72 Grumman Tracker, a 1/72 Tracer and a 1/72 Trader. I have the Falcon Vacuforms to convert them with. Wish me luck. Previous attempts failed, miserably. Nick

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

OK - https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235047416-148-resin-gannet-aew3/

Seen in British Aviation In Scale Facebook 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/permalink/1975683092514896/

Joseph Dowse

Visual Storyteller · December 13 at 9:00 PM

A Gannet AEW.3 in 1/48th! It may be resin, but there you go!

48366412.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Ooh I got a photo embedded from facebook! That’s a first. I’ve not really done much to it yet apart from buying aftermarket decals and cleaning up the flash. There’s some mould imperfections but it’s nothing a skim of filler won’t be able to solve. I understand there’s still a few of the 20 kits left. Mine was 9 and I know 12 has gone.

This is the contact email for the bloke who makes the kits if anyone wants to try and grab one; 

[email protected]

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908
Typo
  • Like 1

Hi, I have the Classic Airframes 1/48 Fairey Gannet ASW and I just got a lead on a 1/48 AEW. I COULD be persuaded to part with them both. Let me know if you're interested. ~Nick~

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Yes, there IS a resin 1/48 Fairey Gannet AEW kit. I scored one on eBay. The box says it was produced in Iceland.  Please don't ask me how much I paid for it. "She Who Must Be Obeyed" is still asking me: "What do you need that for? No, I don't have an answer for her. Send me an E-Mail and I'll send the name and address of the fellow who sold it to me. Perhaps he can give you a lead on where he bought it. Nick

8 minutes ago, NickOnai said:

Hello, Yes, there IS a resin 1/48 Fairey Gannet AEW kit. I scored one on eBay. The box says it was produced in Iceland.  Please don't ask me how much I paid for it. "She Who Must Be Obeyed" is still asking me: "What do you need that for? No, I don't have an answer for her. Send me an E-Mail and I'll send the name and address of the fellow who sold it to me. Perhaps he can give you a lead on where he bought it. Nick

The OP has not visited in almost 3 years.