Panzer IV STGB Chat

smuts

51 minutes ago, AgentG said:

Shame on me, but I started my DML Pz IV D DAK kit.

I did however, pick up another DML Pz IV for the GB. I bought the DML Pz IV D with the long barreled 50mm gun. It has all the right parts for a D or E model in the box.

This one is to be built as an up armored Pz IV D/E  variant from Panzer Regiment 8. Between the kits, I have plenty of parts to pull this off. I also ordered Fruils and Master Club tracks.

Looking forward to the GB!

G

Hi G. Sounds like you have an impressive project planned! Really looking forward to seeing it in progress.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

A couple of years ago I built a Tamiya 1/35 BMW R75 motorcycle and sidecar with some figures.  But I haven't build a 1/35 tank in about 45 years!  1/72 and 1/48, yes. But not 1/35.

So...   to get me back into the swing of things, how about a Hobby Boss Panzer IV Ausf C?   I really like building very early variants of things.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

No problem at all! Just thought it was worth a mention as a lot of people signed up quite a while ago and may have not noticed it is happening next month.

Kind regards,

Stix

Some of were trying to forget that it started so soon as we just might have overstretched ourselves GB wise!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GREG DESTEC said:

I just have to decide which kit from the stash to build....🤔😀

Just 'cos modelling minion and I have overextended ourselves on GBs, doesn't mean that you shouldn't.

Build 'em all!  :lol:  :fool:  

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Badder. Oh well - at least you have some good camera equipment and, hopefully, your wife has some great presents!

Kind regards,

Stix

Ah, you misunderstand me. The camera equipment was a birthday present FROM me. Very expensive stuff. There's no way she'd let me use it either!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

No problem at all! Just thought it was worth a mention as a lot of people signed up quite a while ago and may have not noticed it is happening next month.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks for the PM reminder. My Matchbox Jagdpanzer is ready and waiting.

• Like 2

Okay, I have no idea if I can get after-market tracks for Tamiya's StuG IV (kit no. 35087) If anyone can help me, preferably someone who has upgraded their StuG IV to metal tracks and knows of any issues, I'd be grateful for info. I'd also like to know if the StuG IV had extra wide tracks for winter and are those available as upgrades as well?

Ta

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 2

Thanks for the reminder @PlaStix I’ve not been around much for the last year or so. I think this GB might be the incentive I need to dust off the modelling tools. Depends whether the new addition to the family lets me I guess. Will certainly make the effort though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

A couple of years ago I built a Tamiya 1/35 BMW R75 motorcycle and sidecar with some figures.  But I haven't build a 1/35 tank in about 45 years!  1/72 and 1/48, yes. But not 1/35.

So...   to get me back into the swing of things, how about a Hobby Boss Panzer IV Ausf C?   I really like building very early variants of things.

Well it is supposed to be a great kit which is originally from Tristar. Just a bit fiddly in places.

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Some of were trying to forget that it started so soon as we just might have overstretched ourselves GB wise!

Sorry Craig...........only fair to let everyone know:winkgrin: You'll just have to stop sleeping for three months!

1 hour ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Looking forward to this GB starting soon. Thanks for the reminder Stix. 

I just have to decide which kit from the stash to build....🤔😀

Cheers Greg

Hi Greg. Yes I'm looking forward to this GB and no problem about the reminder. Please let us know when you think you have decided what to build.

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Just 'cos modelling minion and I have overextended ourselves on GBs, doesn't mean that you shouldn't.

Build 'em all!  :lol:  :fool:  

Why did I know your catchphrase would appear sooner rather than later?!

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Too right!

If I have to be neck deep in plastic then I don't see why everybody else shouldn't be!

Don’t encourage him too much!.............at some point he's only going to let us enter GBs if we make most of the kits in our stashes in one go!

49 minutes ago, Badder said:

Ah, you misunderstand me. The camera equipment was a birthday present FROM me. Very expensive stuff. There's no way she'd let me use it either!

Rearguards,

Badder

Oh right, sorry. Hope your wife is pleased with her camera equipment.

39 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Thanks for the PM reminder. My Matchbox Jagdpanzer is ready and waiting.

No problem about the reminder - looking forward to seeing your Jagdpanzer in progress.

23 minutes ago, Badder said:

Okay, I have no idea if I can get after-market tracks for Tamiya's StuG IV (kit no. 35087) If anyone can help me, preferably someone who has upgraded their StuG IV to metal tracks and knows of any issues, I'd be grateful for info. I'd also like to know if the StuG IV had extra wide tracks for winter and are those available as upgrades as well?

Ta

Badder

I'm afraid I cannot help but hopefully someone will be along soon who can.

7 minutes ago, SimonT said:

Thanks for the reminder @PlaStix I’ve not been around much for the last year or so. I think this GB might be the incentive I need to dust off the modelling tools. Depends whether the new addition to the family lets me I guess. Will certainly make the effort though.

Hi Simon. And first off..........congratulations! Hope everything is going well. Glad the reminder was useful and I hope you do find the time to make something in this GB! Good to have you you back around again.

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Well it is supposed to be a great kit which is originally from Tristar. Just a bit fiddly in places.

Fiddly?   It has bolt heads as seperate parts!!!!   :mental:   I'm looking forward to it....    :mental::mental:

• Haha 3

Cheers for the PM reminder for the start - I have the kit, I've blown the dust off the references (Panzer Colours volumes 1 and 2 and my copy of Doyle and Chamberlain) and sourced colour mixes to go from Tamiya pots to Wehrmacht paints!

• Like 2

Hi Guys

This sounds like fun, and would like to join.

Choosing the kit may be a problem as 5 different versions to choose from (love german armour),  nashorn, brumbar, berg, wirbelwind.

I'm up for starting any of them. So, any type that the Group build is short of, I'm willing to give a shot at.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Fiddly?   It has bolt heads as seperate parts!!!!   :mental:   I'm looking forward to it....    :mental::mental:

Yes it all adds to the fun!! :frantic:

11 hours ago, Mitch K said:

Cheers for the PM reminder for the start - I have the kit, I've blown the dust off the references (Panzer Colours volumes 1 and 2 and my copy of Doyle and Chamberlain) and sourced colour mixes to go from Tamiya pots to Wehrmacht paints!

Hi Mitch. No problem about the reminder. Glad you have the kit and your references. Sounds like you are well organised! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, diases said:

Hi Guys

This sounds like fun, and would like to join.

Choosing the kit may be a problem as 5 different versions to choose from (love german armour),  nashorn, brumbar, berg, wirbelwind.

I'm up for starting any of them. So, any type that the Group build is short of, I'm willing to give a shot at.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul. Welcome! Hopefully it will be fun!! Don't tell Enzo you have five possible kits to build because he will suggest you build them all!! I have added you to the list here. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to build.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Badder said:

Ta

Badder

Masterclub MTL 35161 or Fruil ATL27 and Spade Ace 35039 are the types to use. 

Fruil ATL05 and Fruil ATL117 as well as  Masterclub 35008 and Masterclub 35011 are good alternates. 

G

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

Thanks for the reminder - Have the A7V to complete first but will be there on the 15th.

IanJ

Glad the reminder was useful and I'm glad you'll be taking part! If your A7V is anything to go by we should be in for a treat with your build for this GB!

9 minutes ago, ijs302 said:

Thanks for the reminder whilst looking for the stug i found a mobelwagon kit would that be ok to use   ian

No problem about the reminder and a Mobelwagen is definitely okay - as it was based on a Pz.IV chassis.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

I have to say, Stix, that the reminder was a great idea. I may have to pinch it if my GB gets off the tarmac (or runs along it :wink: )

Hi Nigel. It was something I thought of doing a while back when I was doing the monthly reminders in this thread and in the AFV chat section. Hope you find it useful too.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, AgentG said:

Masterclub MTL 35161 or Fruil ATL27 and Spade Ace 35039 are the types to use. 

Fruil ATL05 and Fruil ATL117 as well as  Masterclub 35008 and Masterclub 35011 are good alternates. 

G

Hi Badder

I picked up the Master club tracks at Telford.

If you get them, don't forget the 0.55mm drill required for the pins.

I'm really looking forward to drilling 480 holes into links that my old eyes can hardly see🤔

cheers

Paul

• Like 2

I must have signed up for this GB somewhere along the road, as I've received the PM reminder.

Thinking about it, I've got load of (good?) excuses for not participating in this GB (most of my Pz.IV stash sold, workshop far from being ready, no time for modelling, awful record at crossing any GB finish line, you name it....), but....

Well, let's have a try.

After all, I still have a few boxes to choose from, and might even have some days off around Christmas, so you never know.

Let me just check my references, I'll then decide about my victim.

• Like 2