Panzer IV STGB Chat

smuts

On 29/09/2017 at 07:02, stevehnz said:

I should know better as my GB mojo is running on empty just now but as a cupboard armour fan who has just finished Beevor's Ardennes 1944-45 I'd quite like to do a Panzer Lehr something. Pzkpfw IV or  Stug IV perhaps? Panzer lehr? Well, they're still the baddies but afaics, not particularly nasty baddies like some of the Waffen SS formations were.

Steve.

Hi Steve. Good to see you here. Hope your GB mojo gets in gear soon.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 9/29/2017 at 20:02, Ozzy said:
Just picked this bad boy up, off Sonofjim in the for sale section.

image.jpg

Great choice Ozzy and as you know I went over to Jim's thread and picked up Dragon's Pz.IV J in readiness for this GB! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, sonofjim said:

My pleasure good sir :lol:.

I'd be in for this GB.  I do have a bit of a thing for PZIV's 

Hi Jim. Good to see you here too.....you are now added to the list:thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Just to reiterate, as I may not have made it clear, I'm going for a Nashorn.

I have a StuG IV in the stash which would be suitable for this GB, but as I said I have always intended to buy another Nashorn.  To be honest I don't actually like the look of StuG IVs much, so that's why.

I'm going to get the full PE for the Nashorn. If memory serves me correct the Nashorn itself is around 35-40 quid and the full PE is something like 45 quid! I still haven't used PE on a model yet, but I have a Churchill with full PE in the stash so I will practice on that first!:D

For the GB, I will be placing the Nashorn in a vignette, a simple snow scene of the Nashorn laid up in a derelict building. I'm wondering if my 'ruined village house' from my Ever Evolving Diorama would qualify for use? After all, the building is in two parts and is not finished, certainly it has no interior details and would have to be repainted/adapted for a winter scene.

Rearguards,

Badder

JUST TO CORRECT THE PRICES I LISTED.

Tamiya's Nashorn sells at around 45 quid. The full PE (2 DIFFERENT SETS) is around 50 quid.

Edited by Badder
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. You are on the list :thumbsup: What are you thinking you might build?

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

I have the Tamiya Ausf D in the stash in 1/35,, and a 1/48 ausf H. The D is an oldie but goodie as they say and could be built as an Afrika Korps version. 

Cheers Greg 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Badder said:

Just to reiterate, as I may not have made it clear, I'm going for a Nashorn.

I have a StuG IV in the stash which would be suitable for this GB, but as I said I have always intended to buy another Nashorn.  To be honest I don't actually like the look of StuG IVs much, so that's why.

I'm going to get the full PE for the Nashorn. If memory serves me correct the Nashorn itself is around 35-40 quid and the full PE is something like 45 quid! I still haven't used PE on a model yet, but I have a Churchill with full PE in the stash so I will practice on that first!:D

For the GB, I will be placing the Nashorn in a vignette, a simple snow scene of the Nashorn laid up in a derelict building. I'm wondering if my 'ruined village house' from my Ever Evolving Diorama would qualify for use? After all, the building is in two parts and is not finished, certainly it has no interior details and would have to be repainted/adapted for a winter scene.

Rearguards,

Badder

The idea of the Nashorn in a vignette sounds excellent and I can't see a problem with you using the ruined village house as it's not finished and, as we know with you, it will probably 'evolve' several times during the course of your build! ;)

Kind regards,

Stix

14 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Stix,

I have the Tamiya Ausf D in the stash in 1/35,, and a 1/48 ausf H. The D is an oldie but goodie as they say and could be built as an Afrika Korps version. 

Cheers Greg 

Both sound great to me - so you could build both then?! ;)

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

The idea of the Nashorn in a vignette sounds excellent and I can't see a problem with you using the ruined village house as it's not finished and, as we know with you, it will probably 'evolve' several times during the course of your build! ;)

Kind regards,

Stix

Nope! Given the task that will confront me with the PE (I reckon it's up there with some of the most extensive PE sets you can get) I will have to concentrate on that. The vignette will be kept fairly simple. Fix the two halves of the building together, add some interior beams, a bit of flooring, lots of fallen rubble and cover it with snow!:idea:

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Great choice Ozzy and as you know I went over to Jim's thread and picked up Dragon's Pz.IV J in readiness for this JB! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Good man, 

• Like 1

For anyone looking for the current list of participants it can be found here in a post of mine. If Andy (smuts) drops by I'm sure he can add it to his first post.

In the meantime - if you haven't signed up yet - make sure you do soon so we can have another AFV GB to look forward to!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Surprised but also glad to be somehow able to edit smuts's's... (?) opening post and add the participants list there. V-P

That's good news! Well done.

7 hours ago, AgentG said:

I'm in. I have two DML Pz IV D's, an F 2 and a G. 

Thinking a "D" in early weathered tropen colors. 

G

Hi G. Great to have you along with what sounds like it will be an excellent project.

I have added you to my list and hopefully V-P will be able to add you to smuts' list too.

Only 9 more people needed for this GB to go ahead.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joss said:

I'll stick my name forward for this! currently enjoying building the tamiya 1:48 pziv j. Would be keen to try another in the future :)

Joss

Welcome Joss - good to see you here. I have added you to my list on page 1 and hopefully V-P will be able to add you to smuts' first post.

We now only need 8 more people until have an operational GB!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

:yahoo:

Count me in, got some kits in the stash waiting for a reason to start.

Tamiya PIV Ausf.H 1:35 ( for some reason no tracks in but anyway )

Dragon PIV Ausf.F2 1:35 ( the older kit )

Dragon Stupa IV late 1:35

Hobby Boss/Tristar PIV Ausf.C 1:35

AFV Club Nashorn 1:35

Dragon Jagdpanzer IV/70 1:72

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Please add me to the list.  B)

C'mon folks.....Seven more and it's a done deal!  :thumbsup:

Good to have you on board Sarge! You are on my list and hopefully V-P will be able to add you on to smuts' list in post 1.

....and now only six more:

31 minutes ago, BerndM said:

:yahoo:

Count me in, got some kits in the stash waiting for a reason to start.

Tamiya PIV Ausf.H 1:35 ( for some reason no tracks in but anyway )

Dragon PIV Ausf.F2 1:35 ( the older kit )

Dragon Stupa IV late 1:35

Hobby Boss/Tristar PIV Ausf.C 1:35

AFV Club Nashorn 1:35

Dragon Jagdpanzer IV/70 1:72

Great stuff Bernd! You are on the list. You have a great list of possible kits too! :thumbsup:

So only six more people needed and we have another AFV GB in prospect!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Good to have you on board Sarge! You are on my list and hopefully V-P will be able to add you on to smuts' list in post 1.

....and now only six more:

Great stuff Bernd! You are on the list. You have a great list of possible kits too! :thumbsup:

So only six more people needed and we have another AFV GB in prospect!

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, that sounds great !

Hope we can get the needed modellers together.

The range of possible modelling subjects is really amazing for this tank family, i am really looking forward to it.

Have a great day mate ! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BerndM said:

Hi Stix, that sounds great !

Hope we can get the needed modellers together.

The range of possible modelling subjects is really amazing for this tank family, i am really looking forward to it.

Have a great day mate ! 

Thank you Bernd, you too! 

• Like 1