Panzer IV STGB Chat

smuts

On 11/11/2017 at 20:49, DaveJL said:

Count me in...

Either with a Brummbar or Jagdpanzer Lang, or both!

Dave

Hi Dave and welcome. Thank you for signing up. The list can be found here.

Your sign up brings us up to 30! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two kits acquired so far for this, I will try to not start at least one of them!

Dragon 1/35 Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. G Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler Division:

108508-10244-pristine.jpg

And today I picked up the old Tamiya 1/35 Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H, Early Version:

133038-10911-pristine.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

@Gav G ... I believe you can build up to but no more than 25% of a kit for a build. You would have to reach out to the Host “Smuts” to confirm this though. HTH.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis.  Yes, I have seen that rule mentioned somewhere.  I probably wouldn't start at all though, I have plenty of other things to do first! :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, sampanzer said:

Please add me to this, I have a couple or more Mk IV's i can build and a few variants!

Hi sampanzer and welcome. I have added you to the list here.

If you have signed up for this STGB don't forget to sign up for the T-55 STGB and the T-34 STGB. The more AFV GBs the better!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@sampanzer Like PlaStix said  There are three group builds besides the Panzer IV. Theres the Tiger, Sherman/Lee, and Patton builds. Plus there are two more looking for sign-ups the T 34 & T 55 group builds need more people to get in as group builds. Hope to see you check them out and maybe sign up.

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Additional
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Kev The Modeller said:

I would but I don't have a Pazner IV in my stash and that's big enough at present, I need to start building what I've got to make some space.........:D  

Hi @Kev The Modeller That's quite alright..........although this GB isn't for another year and a week so there's plenty of time to make a fair chunk of your stash and then have space for some replacements which could, possibly, include a Pz.IV?.........;)

........just a thought..........

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi @Kev The Modeller That's quite alright..........although this GB isn't for another year and a week so there's plenty of time to make a fair chunk of your stash and then have space for some replacements which could, possibly, include a Pz.IV?.........;)

........just a thought..........

Kind regards,

Stix

Doh..............your're so right :oops: I which case yes I'm in, your'll just have to remind me :thumbsup:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kev The Modeller said:

Doh..............your're so right :oops: I which case yes I'm in, your'll just have to remind me :thumbsup:

Hi Kev. Great to have you on board and yes I will remind you closer to the time. :thumbsup:

I have added you to the list here.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:35 PM, Kev The Modeller said:

I would but I don't have a Pazner IV in my stash and that's big enough at present, I need to start building what I've got to make some space.........:D  

'Ello feller Wiltshurmun. Welcum to Britmoddler un um! Dunt wurry oi baint got ay Panzur for in me stash neether!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Pz.IV STGB you say?   :o

Did I just log into Armorama by accident?  :unsure:

The Sherman STGB seemed to open the floodgates.  Over the next eighteen months we have four AFV STGBs:  Sherman, Panzer IV, Patton and Tiger.

• Like 3

On 29/12/2017 at 19:11, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Pz.IV STGB you say?   :o

Did I just log into Armorama by accident?  :unsure:

Nope it's definitely BM.....So I'm definitely in!  :thumbsup:

Bloody good show too!  :worthy:

On 29/12/2017 at 19:51, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Pretty sure we'll be adding T-34 to that list too.....Great to see more armour on BM, one glance at the AFV RFI section shows we've got more than our fair share of talented armour modellers.  :coolio:

Hi Sarge and welcome! Sorry for the late reply but I have been busy elsewhere. I have added you to the list here.

And I know - who would have thought it possible! I think your Sherman STGB has certainly led the way.

Kind regards,

Stix  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mind if I join in too? My weapons of choice would be either a "Girls Und Panzer" Panzer IV Ausf.D or a "paper panzer" Panzer IV Ausf.K with schmalturm. I'm not sure if they would be allowed tho, as both would make rivet counters run for the hills!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/01/2018 at 21:15, Mig Eater said:

Mind if I join in too? My weapons of choice would be either a "Girls Und Panzer" Panzer IV Ausf.D or a "paper panzer" Panzer IV Ausf.K with schmalturm. I'm not sure if they would be allowed tho, as both would make rivet counters run for the hills!

Hi Mig Eater. Thank you for your interest in this STGB. @vppelt68 and I are only looking after the GB while the person who came up with the idea isn't around. In his first post @smuts doesn't mention Paper Panzers or WIFs so I don't know what his feelings on the matter might be. It wouldn't bother me personally - I'm all for more the merrier - but Smuts might see it differently. I know some GBs will not allow anything that wasn't actually manufactured and/or put into use. If @Enzo Matrix drops by in the meantime he might be able to say whether it's okay in general for your choices to be included.........watch this space.....

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Big thanks to Enzo who has updated the title for this GB to include the dates!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now it will be great to have some more people sign up! C'mon - there's still 9 months to decide what to make!!

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2