Panzer IV STGB Chat

smuts

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Good man Dave - that makes you the hero of the hour!

We now have enough members signed up to get this STGB on the GB calendar....

Kind regards,

Stix

:clap2:

• Like 1

That's great news Enzo and thank you for moving this to Future Group Builds. I have added you to our list.

Well we now have an AFV GB at the start of next year (the M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB) and then this one to end it!

Enzo has let us know this GB will run from Sat 15 Dec 2018 until Sun 17 Mar 2019

Now we have over a year to get the kit(s) sorted we want to build!

KInd regards,

Stix

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Enzo has let us know this GB will run from Sat 15 Dec 2018 until Sun 17 Mar 2019

Excellent! That will give me plenty of time to save up for the Nashorn and full PE and upgrade tracks! And coincidentally, enough time to talk Enzo out of building a rival Nashorn!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Badder said:

.........enough time to talk Enzo out of building a rival Nashorn!

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder. I thought there was at least going to be three of you building the Tamiya Nashorn kit!

I think that's great! We could have a Nashorn section. ;)
Kind regards,

Stix (who is running for cover!)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Nice job Stix, anyone for a Tiger STGB?

Thank you Ozzy.

I'd be up for a Tiger STGB but I think it's been suggested before but not got enough people signed up. That's not a reason not to try again though - let's face it - this is the first time there have been AFV only STGBs on Britmodeller.

Happy to to start a thread if you want me to.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

this is the first time there have been AFV only STGBs on Britmodeller.

I've only been a member for 2yrs, but I find that shocking!

:dalek1:all airy fairy wingy things!

Badder

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Thank you Ozzy.

I'd be up for a Tiger STGB but I think it's been suggested before but not got enough people signed up. That's not a reason not to try again though - let's face it - this is the first time there have been AFV only STGBs on Britmodeller.

Happy to to start a thread if you want me to.

Kind regards,

Stix

Perhaps if there's not enough interest for a purely Tiger build ,we could add in panthers and call it a big cat build ? 

13 minutes ago, sonofjim said:

Perhaps if there's not enough interest for a purely Tiger build ,we could add in panthers and call it a big cat build ? 

Would Leopards be allowed? Or how about er..... um....Ocelots?:whistle:

Badder

6 minutes ago, Badder said:

Would Leopards be allowed? Or how about er..... um....Ocelots?:whistle:

Badder

That's something the GB management would have to decide but if its a cat ...maybe ? 

• Like 1

To get a GB to run you have 2 choices. A STGB which needs I think 20 sign ups or a themed GB which needs circa 30 sign ups and is then put in a ballot with  all the other themed GB suggestions.

A ‘Tiger Tank’ GB could be construed as a STGB 

‘Big Cats’ Would be a themed GB I think 

Id sign up for a Tiger Tank STGB. I guess you’d have to have a think about the scope and what’s included in that. 

HTH

Plasto

It would still be good to have a few more signups for this STGB - the more people taking part the merrier - and don’t forget to sign up for the M3/M4 and Tiger STGBs too!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reteip9 said:

I'm in, lots of different vehicles to choose from, Ausf A, B, C, D, E, F1, F2, G, H, J, Jpanzer IV (V, A), Wirbelwind, Nashorn, Stug IV, Hummel, Ostwind, Brummbär

Welcome on board reteip9. I have added you to the list here

Kind regards,

Stix

I'd like to join this group build too please. I have also joined the M3/M4 STGB and volunteered as Co Host of that build. No knowledge of what I will build but will give me an excuse to buy something! 

22 hours ago, Threadbear said:

I'd like to join this group build too please. I have also joined the M3/M4 STGB and volunteered as Co Host of that build. No knowledge of what I will build but will give me an excuse to buy something! 

Welcome ThreadBear. Great to see you here. I have added you to the list here 

It would be great to get even more people signed up. We need to keep the momentum going on these AFV GBs.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a Dragon Panzer IV Ausf C, and I'm keen to be involved in a group build, but I'm not too sure of how it all works, so I just have a couple of questions.

What does STGB stand for? (I'm assuming the GB stands for Group Build)

The dates listed for this group build have the start as in December 2018, is this correct, this build doesn't start for over a year?

Thanks,

Tom

Single Type Group Build.

The date is correct. Britmodeller has a very full programme of Group builds happening. 

The upside is you can take you time deciding what to build. Or build something as practice between now and then

To add to what Plasto has said. You can also gather information, aftermarket goodies to use, or as the rules say you can have 25% already assembled when it starts. So if this a dragon it probably has individual track links. You can build up the little sections and have them ready to go.  

Thanks for the replies guys, I like the idea of these group builds to help me focus and keep me on target. I have so many kits in my pile of shame that I probably wouldn’t get to this one until around then anyway, so please put me down for this one if there’s room! 

12 hours ago, Meteors said:

Thanks for the replies guys, I like the idea of these group builds to help me focus and keep me on target. I have so many kits in my pile of shame that I probably wouldn’t get to this one until around then anyway, so please put me down for this one if there’s room! 

Plenty of room Meteors! The more the merrier. Welcome. I have added you to the list which can be found here.

Kind regards,

Stix