Panzer IV STGB Chat

smuts

Hi all,

Just an idea.....

The 'awkwardness' of having to flip back and forth between the voting page and the gallery is not THAT awkward if voters use the 'Old School pen and paper method' to make a note of their favourites as they scroll through the gallery. Yes, there's some great models in each category, and some difficult choices to make, but jotting down the 'contenders' in each section narrows down  the choices, so flipping back and forth is reduced greatly.

Yes, I know, some of the younger members may not have pens, or know what they are,. but they could type their choices on one of those mobile phone thingies.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the heads up on the voting. That was a difficult decision to make.

Whoever gets the most votes has a gold start but everyone in the gallery is a winner. I've another heroic failure to my name so at least I'm consistent :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great GB :thumbsup:

Really enjoying it.... 

Several first for me here,(German tank, AFM aftermarket decals from Spain. Lots of research etc...

definitely to be repeated soon!

Rarely on my part to finish early.... so I missed some of the recent action :banghead:

Thanks for hosting!

Cheers, Werner 

• Like 2

@exdraken @SleeperService and others.....

Everyone who took part is a winner, even if they didn't get to finish their model, or get photos into the gallery in time for the poll.

But for those who did make it, getting no votes, or very few, is not losing. There are some very, very difficult decisions to make: some very close calls and a lot of decisions are naturally based on personal 'taste'.

I always find it fascinating how a model which was a close-call for 1st place (in my opinion) will sometimes get way fewer votes by the close of play, or a model which was a close call for 2nd place (in my opinion) sometimes gets not a single vote.

I don't mind revealing that both of you nearly got my vote for one of your models, but after intense 'weighing up' I voted differently, and I suspect I'm not the only one.

So, lots of votes, or none at all, the voting is often closer than appears and everyone should be proud of their model/models... and of taking part. Without you, these GBs would be a poorer place!

And on that note, Thanks again to Stix his for his tireless work promoting this GB and the poll. It's great to see so many people voting this time, whether they were 'contestants' or 'spectators'.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi @PlaStix thanks for the voting reminder, what an excellent selection of builds and a real pleasure to take part. You have done an awesome job on this STGB so thank you and congratulations on how well it has gone 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly pressure of work has dug a huge hole in both my modelling and forum time over the last month but both of my models will be finished because they're fun builds when I can actually get round to them 🙄

Can I add my appreciation to our hosts and extend my admiration to the excellent models gracing the Gallery 

I'm definitely in for the Tiger GB!

John 

• Like 4

Well done to everybody it's been a great GB.

Thanks to Stixs for all his hard work, and encouragement throughout. 

I hope to see you all again come the Tiger GB,

Cheers Greg 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 18/03/2019 at 16:54, vppelt68 said:

As a non-starter participant and a non-show co-host, which makes me a villain and good for severe punishment :whip:, I want to express both my cincere thanks and apologies to Stix for hosting this Group Build all by himself! I had nothing to do with its success - except maybe just because I was absent it was one :coolio:.

Well done Stix! Best regards, V-P 

Hi V-P and thank you for your comments. No need to apologise - I know how difficult it can be to find the time and you and Enzo were there when I needed support or advice - so thank you both.

To be honest, I have thoroughly enjoyed all of it!!

On 18/03/2019 at 17:44, Churchill said:

I have a super Pershing for the Patton, an Achilles for the D-Day (a bit complicated, that one), and I'm looking for an Elefant for the Tiger GB, so I'll see you there! 

Great to hear you are going to be taking part in more GBs! I'm going to have a go at a 1/35 Super Pershing in the Patton STGB........can't wait for the GB to start next weekend!

On 18/03/2019 at 19:21, Ozzy said:

Another fantastic armour GB, cheers Stix. I like your voting category’s, unfortunately it doesn’t make it any easier to pick a favourite.

Thank you very much Ozzy and I'm really looking forward to the Tiger STGB!!

On 18/03/2019 at 20:50, badger said:

You will indeed. 

Having to resist the urge to start the Patton one.

I'll be building an M60 resin conversion on a Revell M60A3 for the Patron GB, a detailed up British DUKW for the D-Day GB and either a detailed Gruppe Fehrmann Tiger 1 or a reasonably out of the box prototype Sturmtiger for the Tiger GB, all in 1/72 of course.

All the best

Ben

Hi Ben. I know what you mean about starting something for the Patton STGB. Two weeks seems like a long time to wait between projects!

Good to see you are going to be taking part in more GBs too!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Over 120 votes cast (if my totting-up at a glance is any good)

That's WAAAAAY more votes than the M3/M4 STGB got, and members OTHER THAN PARTICIPANTS are clearly voting as well. IIRC In the M3/M4 STGB there were fewer votes cast than there were entrants!

I don't think that's a bad reflection on M3/M4's though. It could be that these AFV GB's are getting an increasing number of viewers.

• Like 2

On 20/03/2019 at 14:15, Badder said:

Hi all,

Just an idea.....

The 'awkwardness' of having to flip back and forth between the voting page and the gallery is not THAT awkward if voters use the 'Old School pen and paper method' to make a note of their favourites as they scroll through the gallery. Yes, there's some great models in each category, and some difficult choices to make, but jotting down the 'contenders' in each section narrows down  the choices, so flipping back and forth is reduced greatly.

Yes, I know, some of the younger members may not have pens, or know what they are,. but they could type their choices on one of those mobile phone thingies.

Rearguards,

Badder

Great idea!!

On 20/03/2019 at 15:54, SleeperService said:

Thanks for the heads up on the voting. That was a difficult decision to make.

Whoever gets the most votes has a gold start but everyone in the gallery is a winner. I've another heroic failure to my name so at least I'm consistent :D

No problem and I agree it was very difficult choosing just one in each section - and I'm sorry you didn't manage to get yours done. 

On 20/03/2019 at 18:44, exdraken said:

Great GB :thumbsup:

Really enjoying it.... 

Several first for me here,(German tank, AFM aftermarket decals from Spain. Lots of research etc...

definitely to be repeated soon!

Rarely on my part to finish early.... so I missed some of the recent action :banghead:

Thanks for hosting!

Cheers, Werner 

Hi Werner and I'm really pleased you enjoyed the GB and thank you for your comments.

On 20/03/2019 at 19:47, Badder said:

And on that note, Thanks again to Stix his for his tireless work promoting this GB and the poll. It's great to see so many people voting this time, whether they were 'contestants' or 'spectators'.

Hi Badder thank you for all your thoughts and comments and I agree - it's pleasing that we have had so many people voting so far. As of me typing this post - we have had 41 modellers vote so far which is more than in some of the bigger GBs - even wingy thing GBs!!

On 20/03/2019 at 20:40, Yetifan said:

Hi @PlaStix thanks for the voting reminder, what an excellent selection of builds and a real pleasure to take part. You have done an awesome job on this STGB so thank you and congratulations on how well it has gone 🙂

Hi Yetifan and no problem. It's sometimes difficult to remember when a GB actually finishes, especially if you have finished your build early. I've forgotten and missed the vote on a couple of occasions - hence the idea behind the reminder.

And thank you very much for your kind comments.

On 20/03/2019 at 21:47, modelling minion said:

Another big thanks for running this GB Stix.

It was great to try something without wings for a change and I really enjoyed it, and I am truly amazed at the standard of work achieved here, simply fantastic.

Hi Craig and thank you too for your most kind comments. And I agree - the standard was particularly high in this GB!

19 hours ago, John said:

Sadly pressure of work has dug a huge hole in both my modelling and forum time over the last month but both of my models will be finished because they're fun builds when I can actually get round to them 🙄

Can I add my appreciation to our hosts and extend my admiration to the excellent models gracing the Gallery 

I'm definitely in for the Tiger GB!

John 

Hi John. Thank you for your comments and I'm sorry you didn't get chance to finish your projects in the timeframe of the GB - but please make sure you keep us updated with them in your GB thread when you get chance to work on them. I will look forward to seeing them finished. And I'll see you in the Tiger STGB!!

18 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Well done to everybody it's been a great GB.

Thanks to Stixs for all his hard work, and encouragement throughout. 

I hope to see you all again come the Tiger GB,

Cheers Greg 😁

Hi Greg and thank you very much for your comments as well. I'm really looking forward to the Tiger GB and I too hope to see everyone taking part there!

....and don't forget @Corsairfoxfouruncle's Patton STGB starts next weekend!!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Badder said:

Over 120 votes cast (if my totting-up at a glance is any good)

That's WAAAAAY more votes than the M3/M4 STGB got, and members OTHER THAN PARTICIPANTS are clearly voting as well. IIRC In the M3/M4 STGB there were fewer votes cast than there were entrants!

I don't think that's a bad reflection on M3/M4's though. It could be that these AFV GB's are getting an increasing number of viewers.

Yeah!

In general, I think GBs, GB gallerys and GB voting should be more prominent on this site... hard to know for an outsider when voting starts and ends etc. ... no critics , just suggestions on how to further improve!

Regarding your votes count, I fear you are summing all 3 categories up....

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

No problem and I agree it was very difficult choosing just one in each section - and I'm sorry you didn't manage to get yours done.

Thank You kind Sir. I'm still waiting for the reference stuff I ordered. However I have been experimenting with resin casting so will have a new range of tools for the future. I've got two other long-term builds that need vac-forming ability which is my next thing to learn.

I'm hoping the Patton GB will be third time lucky.

• Like 2

One more week of voting!

At 18.00 UK time next Sunday the poll for Panzer IV Single Type Group Build will close.

So far 44 people have voted, which is excellent, but it would be even better if we could get it past 50!

If you haven’t voted yet the poll can be found here:

.....and the Gallery here:

Thank you to everyone who has voted so far.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4

Just a reminder that the Poll will close on SUNDAY 31st MARCH at 18.00 UK time.

You have just over two days to vote!!

Kind regards,  

Stix

• Like 2

Please remember the poll closes at 18.00 UK time today.

If you haven’t voted yet please make sure you do so before then.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2