Panzer IV STGB Chat

smuts

On 1/4/2019 at 9:04 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Can I just point out that I'm having an awful lot of fun with my builds in this GB?  :thumbsup:  Wot about you lot?

Hi Enzo,

Yes, you can point it out. Glad to hear it.

I'm enjoying my build thanks for asking. It's certainly a lot less scary than modifying my M4 Easy Eight in the last one. Here I'm OOB except for the tracks, shells and a little stowage. Unfortunately, the tracks have taken up a few days, and have prevented me from keeping track with everyone else's progress.

But when I do manage to catch up, I am gobsmacked by the quality of craftsmanship on display. Already, there are some beauties in the making. Everyone seems to be having a spiffing time, enjoying their own builds and those of others. But best of all I get a real sense of 'community', which started with the M3/M4 STGB and has blossomed with this one. I predict the next one being better still.

Long live the Dark Side!!!!

Badder

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Badder said:

I'm all for more AFV STGB's and don't mind waiting a few years (I think I'll still be alive in, say, 2025) but as we're currently doing a Pz IV and have the Tiger 1 lined up. amongst others, how about a Brit tank? This is Britmodeller after all. I think the Churchill (and the many derivatives) would be a great choice. Er.... that's if it hasn't been agreed already. I've lost track!

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder. Totally agree. There is a British AFV Group Build suggestion that Corsairfoxfouruncle put forward in December 2017, but it still needs 8 more people to sign up before it can go forward into the vote if it happens - it's not a Single Type GB suggestion and so needs 30 sign-ups. It can be found via the link below. You could make it only seven more needed!

You could also suggest a single type GB for the Churchill in the Group Build chat section.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello everybody, I hope you are well......and a Happy New Year.

I wanted to let you all know that I still am quite un-well and under the weather. Combined with my other medications I have to take; I have been unable to even sit and concentrate on my Panzer IV.....:sad:

I'd like to say I'll be able to catch up and complete, but I'm thinking I won't make it. I still manage at times to review peoples progress and thoroughly enjoying the builds.

Again, I'm really sorry chap's.......maybe next time.....I might make it, I'll have to see.

All the best for now.....:yes:

Simon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Hello everybody, I hope you are well......and a Happy New Year.

I wanted to let you all know that I still am quite un-well and under the weather. Combined with my other medications I have to take; I have been unable to even sit and concentrate on my Panzer IV.....:sad:

I'd like to say I'll be able to catch up and complete, but I'm thinking I won't make it. I still manage at times to review peoples progress and thoroughly enjoying the builds.

Again, I'm really sorry chap's.......maybe next time.....I might make it, I'll have to see.

All the best for now.....:yes:

Simon.

Hi Simon. I am sorry you are feeling so unwell. I really do hope you feel well enough at some point during the timespan of this GB to do some modelling on your project - it was looking excellent last seen despite the HUGE amount PE at times!

I hope your year gets better. There are other AFV STGBs taking place this coming year that you could join in if you feel well enough. There's also a Panzer III STGB that could happen if we get enough modellers signed up - you could sign up over in the Group Build Chat section if you want to.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Stix

As it so often happens, my mother in law's health took a turn downward just before the new year. She passed away Tuesday here in Las Vegas. This then requires that I fly to Chicago with my lovely wife. I'll begin my build upon my return. 

My apologies for my absence.

G

• Sad 2

On 11/01/2019 at 00:11, AgentG said:

As it so often happens, my mother in law's health took a turn downward just before the new year. She passed away Tuesday here in Las Vegas. This then requires that I fly to Chicago with my lovely wife. I'll begin my build upon my return. 

My apologies for my absence.

G

Hi G. I am so sorry to hear the news about your mother-in-law. Please pass on our deepest condolences to your wife and family. Absolutely no need for an apology and I will look forward to following your build when you get chance on your return.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Picking my model up tonight if Mr Postman gets his act together and will update with WIP etc.  Looking forward to this as my first build that will be shown.  Academy model, ACA 13234,   Pz.Kpfw.IV ausf.H/J.

Edited by Gary 1960
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gary 1960 said:

Picking my model up tonight if Mr Postman gets his act together and will update with WIP etc.  Looking forward to this as my first build that will be shown.  Academy model, ACA 13234,   Pz.Kpfw.IV ausf.H/J.

Excellent! I hope you manage to get hold it today and I will watch out for your thread later on. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 1/8/2019 at 8:28 PM, Ozzy said:

Hope you get better steady recovery Simon.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:40 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Simon. I am sorry you are feeling so unwell. I really do hope you feel well enough at some point during the timespan of this GB to do some modelling on your project - it was looking excellent last seen despite the HUGE amount PE at times!

I hope your year gets better. There are other AFV STGBs taking place this coming year that you could join in if you feel well enough. There's also a Panzer III STGB that could happen if we get enough modellers signed up - you could sign up over in the Group Build Chat section if you want to.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 1/8/2019 at 8:46 PM, Yetifan said:

Hi Simon, hope you feel better soon and I look forward to following your next builds 🙂

Hello chaps......just wanted to say thanks for your kind words. I'm a little bit better and may come out of my slump in the near future I hope. 

And, yes Stix....It might be better for my levels of concentration to tackle a simple Panzer III on another GB.....although I haven't given up on this GB yet..:nerdy:

All the best to you and the rest of forum.

Simon.

• Like 4

Well, as of yesterday evening (Sunday 20th January), we have had 5 weeks of this GB! And we still have another 8 weeks to go!! :yahoo:

We already have 7 absolutely superb models in the Gallery and loads still in progress. People still seem to be starting projects on a regular basis. :thumbsup:

If you haven't started a project yet - you still have 8 weeks! Why not join in the fun?!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3

I had an account here one time but I've been very inactive. 

This will be my first model in a while, and I wasn't too good to start, so I think I will start with something very easy.

1/100 Zvezda Plastoc Pz IV H.PzIVH_pic2.jpg

I will make this model in a Russian capture variant. 

Edited by RJBud1
  • Like 3

On 27/01/2019 at 22:37, Bonhoff said:

Anyone else seen this before?

46898789341_b8303cdc15_c.jpg

Saw it in my LHS today and it followed me home....

IanJ 

Hi Ian. Now I'm going to have to get one of those! :thumbsup:

On 25/01/2019 at 18:27, Churchill said:

I might be a bit late to the party, but why not indeed? Zvezda 1:72 Pz IV Ausf H started today. 

Welcome to the GB!

On 28/01/2019 at 03:09, RJBud1 said:

I had an account here one time but I've been very inactive. 

This will be my first model in a while, and I wasn't too good to start, so I think I will start with something very easy.

1/100 Zvezda Plastoc Pz IV H.PzIVH_pic2.jpg

I will make this model in a Russian capture variant. 

Looking forward to seeing this in progress!

Kind regards,

Stix

Folks, I’ve been pretty much a lurker on this gb as far as commenting on builds etc goes but there is some Sterling work going on here! 👍. In fact the builds (and some gentle persuasion from @BIG X and @badger ) has spurred me on to finish the psc kit and hopefully tomorrow get going on the Revell kit (same tank but with a LOT more parts 😁). So, thank you all! 👍

Edited by Lawzer
  • Like 8

Looking forward to seeing how you tackle it.

I'm just settling down for another session on mine.

If you need any help, give me a shout.

All the best

Ben

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2018 at 1:18 AM, Rob S said:

I'm way over promised on Group Builds but it's only a small kit and I'd really like to build the Airfix Panzer IV again before I kick the Bucket so no time like the present - I mean next month into next year - so please count me in.  

(Pretty sure I still have an Airfix kit or two but if I can't find an Airfix kit then I know I've got just about all of the variety of the Esci Mark IV variants even though my memory of that kit isn't very pleasant - but that may not be a reflection on the quality or otherwise of the kit just the dim dark long lost past memory of youth killed off by age, alcohol, and trauma.)  

Wow well and truly behind on this one!  Must send out that Search Party into the "Stash" to find that Airfix Panzer IV!  

• Like 2