Hurricane II in French service in 1944

Van

There is a French option in the FLY Model 1/32nd Jurricane Mk.IIc,....the tropical boxing.

Which scale are you looking for?

• Like 1

There is a French option in the FLY Model 1/32nd Jurricane Mk.IIc,....the tropical boxing.

Which scale are you looking for?

That looks like the aircraft..i am interested in 1/72 scale but also in the real aircraft , I know nothing about them in service with the french at this time..

As Ley says,.....the Mk.IIc`s were just used in the training role in N.Africa by the Air Force and Navy.

21_2.jpg

Hawker%20Hurricane%20Mk.IIc.jpg

HAwker20Hurricane_01_French_zps6f5ecfa2.

The top artwork is quite good but I don`t think that it should have a hook as I doubt that it is a Sea Hurricane and it should have some light flecks added to the camouflage.

Photo_7_Matra-Parmentier2-722--2-Hurican

KZ616/E at Meknes

.Photo_8_img260.jpg

artwork below,......similar to the Fly kit.

21_1.jpg

slide_46.jpg

9aa98433bd70eb766e953ce45e9e8dae.jpg

Photo_2_Pyperpote-Matra-Parmentier-280--

8662773367_bdb4323c17_b.jpg

Photos-Matra-Huricane-003--2-.jpg

I`ve seen a colour pic of a partially silverFrench Hurri just bearing its serial,.....but it may have been partially through having a repaint after having its fabric replaced. There was a recent thread here on BM which mentioned French Hurricanes,....might be worth a search and I think that photo is included?

Some Mk.IIb`s were used in the Western Desert fighting too alongside Mk.I`s

;http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/barneybolac/media/Hawker%20Hurricane/761c8b2a793ed97eaf13d0d72a90a404_zpsbca7fbb2.jpg.html

147_3.jpg

All the best

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

some interesting pcs there Tony, some familar, some not, thanks for posting.

a few comments.

scroll down,

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234963507-all-the-hurricane-questions-you-want-to-ask-here/page-14

and there is some discussion on the Naval Hurricane 'W' shown by the Arc de Triomphe, there is another pic of the other side in the FK Mason Hurricane book, the 1962 edition BTW

The profile of BG707 is cobblers, photo is in Hurricane at war 2, and another Hurricane book as well (Illustrated History by Birtles IIRC) books not to hand, but standard desert paint from memory.

KZ616/E at Meknes

.Photo_8_img260.jpg

artwork below,......similar to the Fly kit.

21_1.jpg

slide_46.jpg

This is an interesting one, I think the overall upper colour idea is from the profile in Hurricane Classic Aircraft history and how to model them No 4, look like a band of camo is on the nose, with a repainted tail.

I can't see how the large 'E' comes about unless there is another photo about. Hopefully someone will know more.

Stevej60's build has some more on Mk I's

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234996078-airfix-148-new-tool-ouragan-free-french-af/

this French publication, especially the left one, looks like it could help

485089001.jpg

PS more searching

the Ailes De Glorie looks to be long OOP.

http://www.delcampe.net/page/item/id,236863287,var,WW2--Livre-LES-AILES-DE-LA-GLOIRE--LA-CHASSE-FAFL-LE-HAWKER-HURRICANE-1940--1942,language,E.html

looks to have Hurricane details as well as hopefully some more photos.

this maybe of interest if you speak French

"Interview de Monsieur Claude Raoul-Duval, FAFL, pilote au Groupe de Chasse "Alsace"

"Albert Littolff who commanded the squadron Mulhouse was a Hurricane Mk1 attributed named "Sergeant Milan", the 26 and 27 June the aircraft is propane.

Claude Raoul-Duval piloting the Z 4761 June 27 1942, this is certainly what he wrote several times.
on a picture to "Heaven sand" we see Z 4708.
as a bonus a video interview with Mr. RAOUL-DUVAL with pictures of his collection .
They made ​​war, exposed themselves to the sun, smoked tobacco, drank whiskey, ate fat and drinking beer box and when the war does not kill them until they lived more than 90 years "
auto translated

from this build

http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=86265&start=50

this page

http://gcalsace.free.fr/Galeries/Rayak.htm

Retour de mission en juin 1942, ce Hurricane montre plusieurs impacts à l'arrière de l'habitacle. = Mission Back in June 1942, shows that Hurricane several impacts on the rear of the cabin.

Lybie04.jpg

if date is correct a FAFL IIc from June 42

• Like 1

No worries Val,....glad to help.

Troy,......I only attached the side view of BG707 to show that some Mk.II`s were used by this unit,....I agree about the scheme and as you know I never use colour side views as my main source of reference,.....I just didn`t have a photo of one of these Hurri`s stored digitally,...there is a photo of it on page 91 of a great book called `Les Avions Brittaniques Aux Coleurs Francais' which shows a name on the side of the cowling in black `THEODORE' and a definite desert colour scheme,...with a repainted fin. It was apparently flown by the CO of GC 1 Alsace, Cdt. Pouliquen who later flew with the Normandie Niemen in Russia.

There are quite a few other French Hurricane`s in the above book too,....including some snazzy looking silver ones!

I see what you mean about KZ616/E having traces of camouflage on the nose,.....maybe it could be the original (desert?) scheme showing through a light respray? The rear fuselage has been re covered and re doped in one colour ,.....allegedly the scheme was Dark Green with Sky Blue undersides,....although I suspect a light grey/blue for the latter myself? Unfortunately I cannot find any photos to confirm the large `E',...but my memory is saying that I have seen one,....although this might just be confusion with side views seen over the years?

Cheers

Tony

PS- I meant to say that there are some Alsace Hurricane decals,.....in 1/72nd they are done by Jean-Pierre at Modelart and in 1/32nd (and maybe 1/48th?) they are done by Berna,.....the same artwork applies to both,....and here is the decal placement artwork;

BER32014_1.jpg

Edited by tonyot