1/48 aerodynamic rigging wire

Mike Esposito

I am planning a CA P-6E in the future, came across the EZ line product. Looks interesting.

My question is: which size to approximate flat aerodynamic rigging? Was planning to get the 0.25mm charcoal. Would that or the 0.50mm work/look better in 1/48?

Thanks

Thanks Paul. Just bought the 1/48 pe rigging set for my p-26 peashooter.

I built the Accurate miniatures F3F with pe rigging. Agreed. Did not work out too well. But it was so easy to install

Let's see how it works out

Edited by Mike Esposito

Thanks Paul. Just bought the 1/48 pe rigging set for my p-26 peashooter.

Let's see how it works out

Probably be okay on that because its a monoplane with a relatively thick wing. Problems arise with thin wing section biplanes, where it's the flexing of the plastic while adding the rigging that causes the trouble. If you could immobilise a biplane wing cellule in a jig, in the same attitude as when sitting on the undercarriage and while still allowing sufficient access to rig, then the inevitable turning around and inverting it wouldn't matter. But that would need a really complex and sturdy jig. On a P-26, the rigging runs are also much shorter than many biplanes, so the PE shouldn't sag under its own weight.

I'd be interested how it goes Mike, as I have one somewhere in the stash, as well as the old Hasegawa 1/32nd kit.

Paul.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Paul.

The academy 1/48 peashooter is a little jewel. Built one 5 years ago. Effortless build. Rigging was done with styrene strips. Only issue was it was tedious to cut and fit... thus the PE attempt. :(

Would wholeheartedly recommend this kit. ;)

Edited by Mike Esposito