Crusader Mk.III / British Cruiser Tank Mk.VI - Tamiya 1/48

Absolutely lovely. It's pics like this that have gotten me into modeling.

With brush too? There is hope for me yet

Thank you very much TheFoolio - that is very kind of you to say.

Yes it has to be brush painted. I haven't got an airbrush - not enough money or a suitable place to use one if I had. I learnt to brush paint like I do from following the advice of the really talented brush painters on Britmodeller.

What a superb build Stix - I've just got back in to armour in 1:35 but I think I need to try these 1:48 kits!

Fabulous

Chris

Hi Chris and thank you too for your very kind comments. I would definitely have a go some 1/48 armour - especially Tamiya's stuff - they really are a joy to make.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you very much TheFoolio - that is very kind of you to say.

Yes it has to be brush painted. I haven't got an airbrush - not enough money or a suitable place to use one if I had. I learnt to brush paint like I do from following the advice of the really talented brush painters on Britmodeller.

The same reason that I've not bought one. I'm only on model 3 since picking back up recently having made them as a kid. So I also didn't want to be "all the gear and no idea" and then give up 6months from now :banghead:

So at the minute I'm just concentrating on sticking the things together and learning the basics of painting. I was just surprised at how good a finish you could get with brush when the vast majority swear by an airbrush.

• Like 1

The same reason that I've not bought one. I'm only on model 3 since picking back up recently having made them as a kid. So I also didn't want to be "all the gear and no idea" and then give up 6months from now :banghead:

So at the minute I'm just concentrating on sticking the things together and learning the basics of painting. I was just surprised at how good a finish you could get with brush when the vast majority swear by an airbrush.

Hi. If you haven't already got some - pick up some decent flat brushes. I have found that the Humbrol's four pack are really good. If you use acrylic paints then I find the best are Humbrol and Revell. They thin really well with water. Until a couple of years back I'd never used flat brushes but since using them with acrylics I haven't looked back. I thin the paints quite heavily and build up the layers quite slowly. If you haven't painted in this way before it would be well worth practicing on some scrap before committing to painting actual kits. It's difficult to explain how much to thin the paints because each different colour can require different amounts of water to get the best results.

Hope this is of some help.

Kind regards,

Stix

Stix somehow i missed this RFI.. and what a shame on me!!! This is one of the best model tanks i have ever seen! I love the life-a-like look you achieved with all the careful painting and detailing, love the rusty spots around and all the little details which all together adds to excellent and top result!

And all of this you can do with paint brush... just mindblowing Stix! I cant wait to see your next finished kit because i m sure it ll be another masterpiece! :) cheers! :)

• Like 1

Fantastic Crusader, detail and weathering are spot on.

Thank you very much Widow 65 for you very kind comments.

Stix somehow i missed this RFI.. and what a shame on me!!! This is one of the best model tanks i have ever seen! I love the life-a-like look you achieved with all the careful painting and detailing, love the rusty spots around and all the little details which all together adds to excellent and top result!

And all of this you can do with paint brush... just mindblowing Stix! I cant wait to see your next finished kit because i m sure it ll be another masterpiece! :) cheers! :)

Not a problem Wolwe - there's so much stuff on BM it's easy to miss loads! I do all the time!......I think.......

And thank you for your very kind comments - you are very generous with your praise as always. Next one is already in this RFI section - it's Tamiya's 1/48 IS-2.

Kind regards

• Like 1

I mean it as much as it is possible Stix :) your paint work has always been excellent, but somehow, you keep even getting better and better at it over time.. O.o you are adding more and more effects to your kits and i m realy enjoying to watch your builds :) cheers

Edited by Wolwe82
  • Like 1

I mean it as much as it is possible Stix :) your paint work has always been excellent, but somehow, you keep even getting better and better at it over time.. O.o you are adding more and more effects to your kits and i m realy enjoying to watch your builds :) cheers

Thank you again Wolwe - I'm getting a little more confident with each model.