Revell 1/72 F/A-18F

Hiya chaps. :)

Hope you all like this one. I finished this one a couple of weeks ago and only just getting round to plucking up the spuds to post it for inspection.

This offering from Revell is overall a real cracker, and imho better than what's available elsewhere. The fit is good and the engineering ensures a pretty easy build in most places. My only real criticism is though Revell absolutely nailed it in 90% of places, unfortunately where they slip up they slip up bad!

The nose wheels are terrible, off scale and look nothing like the real thing (I had a set floating around from a hasegawa 18E that failed before it was finished). The only bit of bad fit on the whole fuselage is at the back, just behind the wings, this is a tricky area though and no one else really nails it here either. The one area that imho they really dropped the ball, is the panel lines, they are all over the places. Beautifully molded in some places, completely missing in others and bears no resemblance to what's on the decal guide! :shutup::bangin:

All this aside though, the one thing that really stands this kit out is the stunning decals, designed by Daco and printed in Italy. You'd pay close to the price of the kit for them alone from any of the major decal suppliers, which makes the plastic a bargain. Haha, think of it as more of a decal sheet that comes with matching plastic instead of kit that comes with decals and you won't be disappointed! :lol:

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, on to the pictures. Hope you like them. :blush:

DSC_0042_zps3wxwvplz.jpg

DSC_0039_zpsrzag9wmd.jpg

DSC_0025_zps0neddqre.jpg

DSC_0032_zpsocxcw1do.jpg

DSC_0038_zpswnhfyeql.jpg

DSC_0033_zpsdkxw9ql6.jpg

DSC_0037_zpsldotlcku.jpg

Cheers

Dan :)

• Like 37

Thanks guys :)

One word of advice to anyone that does take it on, or any daco decals for that matter, I'd highly recommend his own solutions. I've tried several different decal solutions over the last few years and nothing comes close to touching it, the medium strength stuff will settle most makes and if that doesn't work the strong solution will batter even the thickest decals into submission.

Thanks guys :)

Hasegawa reboxing? Looks good!

Nope, all RG moldings. The general fit and feel of the kit is a nicer than the hasegawa without the ridiculous price ticket. I picked this one up from my LHS for roughly half the price of the hasegawa offering. The only thing that lates it down is a couple of real school boy errors from revell, which is a big shame!

I do like a well made Hornet, and this is one>

Great job,

Matt

• Like 1