Please find below, images of my completed 1/20 Fujimi Ferrari 126C2, started Boxing Day.

It started out a simple OOB but then I decided on leads & fuel pipes and continued with electrical wiring, trunking, paneling, hose, bends and driver. I can safely say I have thoroughly enjoyed building this kit.

Hope you enjoy, for anybody interested my WIP is still reasonably current (I tried linking tread with no luck).

DSC_3460_zps1zbee6hw.jpg

DSC_3458_zpsieucnshp.jpg

DSC_3455_zps1fecsx4n.jpg

DSC_3463_zpsixobuwbk.jpg

DSC_3470_zpsqzpfpaj8.jpg

DSC_3467_zpsu5klv64p.jpg

DSC_3472_zps7xesip5h.jpg

DSC_3474_zpsv2dlzoqs.jpg

DSC_3481_zpsgxa9zr1y.jpg

DSC_3483_zpsprp3zhwo.jpg

DSC_3486_zps1umkuucj.jpg

DSC_3489_zpsz7fgzwdq.jpg

DSC_3488_zpsumajxnl3.jpg

DSC_3487_zpsznhlih57.jpg

Thanks for Looking.

I would like to give my thanks to all the encouraging comments on the WIP and a special thanks to Phil B and Malc2 for sharing their knowledge of such a great car.

Regards

John

• Like 8

Cracking result John and you enjoyed it so everyone wins!

I'm glad to have been able to help in a small way.

How about another top F1 car next?

Phil

• Like 1

Excellently finished John. I followed the WIP too which was great and I like you am just about to embark on my first MFH kit so I'll be keeping an eye on that build too. Thanks for posting them up, both very informative and pleasing.

Mick

Lovely job John! I'm not much of a Ferrari man myself, but I've always loved this car.

I was going to be critical and say the driver looks too high in the car - then I checked some Villenueve photos and you have him spot on! Funny thing, ageing memory! :)

Love it John a great tribute to a driver that should have won so much more than he did.

As you saw from display unit I love ferrari so can't wait for that 312 t2 build as it's a car I have always wanted but they are a very rare thing now, hopefully hasegawa will do a few rereleases soon.

Shaun

Edited by shood23
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

That is such a pretty little car! F1 cars of that era (80's - 90's ?) were so much prettier than the current aerodynamic beasts!

Beautiful build! Congratulations!

Reminds me. I must get the Tyrell P34 finished!

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 1

WHOA!    

John..

what an EXQUISITE looking   Ferrari.

Ferraris are MY favorites..  :heart:

your model is SUPERBLY  finished and the driver figure is EXCELLENT....

where did you get the figure.thank you. 

BRAVO :clap2::worthy:

• Like 1

Thanks for all the recent feedback Gents, thought this tread died a while ago. As I mentioned previously and in my WIP (please see below) the kit was a joy to work on and most of it was built before I bought my airbrush and I the main chassis would have looked better in polished aluminium instead of the humbrol silver spray but kay sera!

On 1/6/2017 at 9:23 PM, Mr Modeller said:

A very nice build of a classic F1 Ferrari Hugh, looks great and I love the way you've done the heat staining to the ends of the exhaust - very well done. :Tasty::thumbsup:

Kev :)

Thanks Kev, the exhausts were the first thing I used the airbrush for, a quick search on you tube and gave it a go, a light cover of bronze over then stepping back each time with blue, purple the black. The hardest thing is to make it look consistent, especially on this car as both exhausts are visible together, I ballsed up my Lotus 102, rushing and not paying to much attention but fortunately the can't be seen together. 

On 1/7/2017 at 11:00 AM, Alan R said:

That is such a pretty little car! F1 cars of that era (80's - 90's ?) were so much prettier than the current aerodynamic beasts!

Beautiful build! Congratulations!

Reminds me. I must get the Tyrell P34 finished!

Cheers, Alan.

Alan, totally agree, I love the cars from the 70's and 80's! You can almost see the designers individual thinking in the cars. I'm building a stash of these cars but still want more, one of my other favorites is the Renault RE40 but that's going to be expensive.

And get on with that P34.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:20 AM, mbdesignart said:

Great build. I used to dabble in F1 cars many years ago, mainly Tamiya, but the finish was far below the standard and detail you have achieved. :thumbsup2:

Mark

Thanks Mark, in my opinion the Fujimi kit is slightly more detailed than the Tamiya's and to be honest there was a lot of trial and error and I bodged it a bit as the WIP suggests.

On 1/8/2017 at 4:46 AM, Jake Moon said:

John, this is a remarkable build. The exhaust staining is spot on and your metal finishes (especially on the rear wing mount) are as good as I've ever seen!

Jake, cheers. I used AK Extreme Chrome with a colour wash in the groves, simple but I'll take any credit.

48 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

WHOA!    

John..

what an EXQUISITE looking   Ferrari.

Ferraris are MY favorites..  :heart:

your model is SUPERBLY  finished and the driver figure is EXCELLENT....

where did you get the figure.thank you. 

BRAVO :clap2::worthy:

Houston, this is one of my problems, I'm not keen on Ferrari as a manufacturer (Spain and Monza 76 still rankles with me and lets not mention Brands Hatch 76!) but they do make the most beautiful racing cars, I have a 312t, t2, t4, 189 in my stash and drooling over an 87 at the moment, I feel like I'm cheeting on a loved one each time I buy one of those Red cars.

I got the figure from Hiroboy (1:20 Driving Figure (G.V. Ver B+C) c/w Decals EJP-878) for around £30 for 2 figures and quickly found the driver was to big for the cockpit, as you can see from the WIP I had to butcher him a bit to fit but worth while as I do like figure painting.

Thanks for looking 

John

• Like 1