**ANZAC’s in Service GB - 30!

have you even managed to say no to a GB?? :D

welcome aboard everyone else

Yes I have, only that is rarely. I think I need to :shutup:

Cheers,

• Like 1

Hi Rich - sounds like fun, and I already have a number on the boil, so I'm in.

We should not forget 3 Squadron RAAF serving in the western desert with Gladiators, Tomahawks, Kittyhawks, and then Mustangs into Italy, and 10 Squadron operating Sunderlands from the UK throughout he war. Can't think of any others, but Aussies and Kiwis were scattered through almost every squadron. The scope is huge!

Now, a question - when do we post? 2018, or simply when we finish things?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Rich - sounds like fun, and I already have a number on the boil, so I'm in.

We should not forget 3 Squadron RAAF serving in the western desert with Gladiators, Tomahawks, Kittyhawks, and then Mustangs into Italy, and 10 Squadron operating Sunderlands from the UK throughout he war. Can't think of any others, but Aussies and Kiwis were scattered through almost every squadron. The scope is huge!

Now, a question - when do we post? 2018, or simply when we finish things?

Cheers,

Matt

Unfortunately there are a couple of steps we need to get through before this is up and running.

We need to get 30 or more interested member to show interest in this GB. Once we get that then we go off to vote with all the other GB choices that have gotten 30+ votes. All going well then we will be allocated a start and finishing dates for this GB. From about a week before the offical start date you can start a thread, so a bit of a way to go yet!

But as you mentioned there are really a huge range of choices and subject matter which should appeal to most members.

• 2 weeks later...

welcome aboard

Oh, oh, oh, is there room for me? As I'm a noob it would be great for getting me motivated to do some of the awe inspiring subjects available!

there's plenty of room and welcome aboard.......though there are a couple of steps to go before this GB is a goer.

We still need to get 30 interested members by the 30th of November to go through to the voting. Then we need to place in the top 6 for the build to go into the 2018 (gosh it seems strange saying that!!) GB list.

We can make it we just need to keep the interest and drag other members in (kicking and screaming is perfectly fine), so keep at it everyone.

welcome aboard

there's plenty of room and welcome aboard.......though there are a couple of steps to go before this GB is a goer.

We still need to get 30 interested members by the 30th of November to go through to the voting. Then we need to place in the top 6 for the build to go into the 2018 (gosh it seems strange saying that!!) GB list.

We can make it we just need to keep the interest and drag other members in (kicking and screaming is perfectly fine), so keep at it everyone.

I think you mean 2017 GB list?! :fight: Or is it already 2017 in Australia?! :winkgrin::rofl:

Cheers,

If I understand right, any equipment used at any time after 1914 by Australia or New Zealand would be allowed, correct ? So a modern aircraft would be allowed too, right ? If so, I'd be happy to take part in this. Actually, I'd probably take part even if the GB is more limited in scope...

I've lived for a short part of my life in Australia, I've visited the Country often and I have friends here, it would be very impolite of me not to take part in a similar GB.

Potential subjects may be an RAAF Hornet (just bought an Academy kit with some nice decals for the Hornet 30th anniversary inside, Australian import special only) or a Spitfire (I still have several decals for an RAAF Spit VIII and plan on using them all)

welcome aboard.

yeah anything after 1914 and modern stuff is allowed, F/A-18 Hornets, A-4 Skyhawks , Mirages III O's, BAC Strike Masters and even F-4 Phantoms. There are plenty of choices to suit just about everyone!

Very, very cool! For personal reasons I'll be building a Mosquito NF XVII. Making it as part of GB with other ANZAC equipment would just mean it would be all the more enjoyable!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll join in too. Not sure what with but I have plenty of options as most of my stash follows this theme!

no problems welcome aboard, you have plenty of time to decide, we just need to get 30 interested members then get through the voting in November.

So fingers crossed!

Morning!!

Can i join too please?

Always fancied doing Geoff Fiskins Breswter Buffalo when he was with 243 Sqn in Malaya.

Jonners

Morning!!

Can i join too please?

Always fancied doing Geoff Fiskins Breswter Buffalo when he was with 243 Sqn in Malaya.

Jonners

• 3 weeks later...

Actually the scope for WWII AFV types isn't all that huge really, but fortunately I like Matildas, Stuarts & Valentines and it looks like the new S-Models 1/72 Matilda has all the bits for a Frog in the box......Please would you add my name to the list. :coolio: