MiG 3 early / 1:48 Trumpeter

:thanks:

I particularly like how you have captured the difference between the wooden parts of the airframe and those that are metal - top job

It was quite easy - I used different shades of grey + white doing preshading and I've finished airframe with oils. :)

DSC_0109%2B1024%2B.jpg

Edited by HK1886
  • Like 3

I will freely admit that the vast majority of Soviet WWII-era aircraft do very little for me and, for some reason, the MiG-3 has been completely 'off my radar'…..cannot explain it, its just the way it is…..but having seen this completed build, I will have to research this further since this a a really attractive little airplane and quite unlike most of the Russians more utilitarian types from that era. I love the finish which brings the model to life…..quite a feat given that its not a particularly colorful base scheme.

Well Done !

• Like 1

Superb build – the artistic rendering of the finish looks 'alive'!

Perhaps you got a bit carried away shading the fabric covered moveable surfaces (ailerons and particularly the elevators)? They look like they'd had the fabric ripped off, leaving the metal structure uncovered. Just compare the elevators on this crashed MiG-3: http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3285/mig3crash.jpg and this one from a walkaround: http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/makarov_aleksey/mig-3/images/mig-3_28_of_28.jpg

Great modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

This plane deserves such a beautifully done model!!! The Best looking MiG-3 in 1/48 which I saw, and probably the best in any scale... IMHO, MiG-3 is the most beautiful airplane of WW2, like porsche carrera with wings and guns!

• Like 2