Yet another Airfix Hurricane *FINISHED*

But of a late start for me but I reckon I'll catch up! Anyway, here is the required box shot and my tool kit (a Swiss Army knife)....

77e9f141c005403c6cc39d8b8e8dee35_zpsl159

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice the tin of Humbrol 61 (flesh) for the pilots face - I don't want to be seen as a cheat so I'll declare it now. The only other tool not show is a small nail file. I was going to take loads of pics for the WIP but I got carried away and a couple of hours later I had this...

9af9a3204fd627f7a9cc41c723cbccc7_zpsuuef

Paint will be going on over the weekend hopefully).

I've got to say, though, that it is a looooong time since I enjoyed a build as much as this. Perhaps OOB is the way forward..?

Edited by brianthemodeller
  • Like 1

Just paint onto the frames, don't worry about being particularly neat. Give it 2 coats if you need to, then use a sharpened toothpick/bamboo skewer/stick from the garden to scrape the excess off. The supplied paint doesn't stick all that well, and it'll come off pretty easily. And residue left, use the stick wet.

That's how I've done my Vampire, and it looks OK. Not superb, but OK.

With the frames on a Hurricane or a p40 for that matter mask the horizontal frames and paint them then the vertical frames and paint them. It should work. And has in the past for me but apart from that it looks good. Moving on from the flesh anyway

The toothpick method worked!

I am going to call this one done:

A3136914-8FC1-4B44-8AE3-807598145ECC_zps

E41CFFF7-473A-4AD2-9691-2BFC946BC010_zps

D348DDB8-32EE-45C8-AC8E-A9E835CB49A9_zps

And in its new home amongst the rest of my air fleet:

2C39AAB4-1473-4F40-BEA4-E38F4EF75FB8_zps

It is a very long time since I have enjoyed building a kit as much as this one. I had forgotten how hard it was to decal onto a Matt surface and I could have done with a few more colours but it was so refreshing not to be fretting about whether the seat is the correct colour or is the weathering too heavy.

Whoever came up with the idea for this group build should be knighted!!

• Like 1