Hasegawa B-25J Mitchell 1/72 OOB

Meet Miss B Havin, my newest completion. Built completely OOB including kit decals. After getting ready to post this, I realize I forgot to paint the navigation lights. In the meantime, enjoy the pics.

This is a great kit. The fit is superb. The only things I noticed was that the interior is sparse on detail, and the gear doors are rather thick for the scale. The lack of interior detail is not much of a gripe though, given the scale and the fact that hardly any of it can be seen.

image_zpsfktzaijr.jpeg

image_zpsaa07vm9m.jpeg

image_zpssshvlenl.jpeg

image_zpsxmgmcxv9.jpeg

image_zpsnurraxir.jpeg

image_zps1jpszuht.jpeg

image_zpsghp90mmb.jpeg

image_zpsyrpniflv.jpeg

image_zpsaipkdwws.jpeg

Edited by Texan76
  • Like 27

Did you need much noseweight for her?

Lots! I fit all I could, and one little tap and she'll easily tailsit. She's barely sitting flat. The problem is that there is no place in the nose to fit weight due to the bombardier station and tunnel. I managed to fit a little in the nose gear bay, since you could hardly see in it. Still, I needed way more. The only place to put it was in the engine nacelles. I had to put weight almost all the way to where the gear inserts. Since the weight in there is not far forward of the main gear, it took quite a bit. I used small BB sized lead fishing weight.

• Like 2

That's a great looking paintjob and finish. :goodjob:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you've got the main gear legs back to front- the wheels should face out and the leg should be inboard...

That's a great looking paintjob and finish. :goodjob:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you've got the main gear legs back to front- the wheels should face out and the leg should be inboard...

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed.

image_zps0rbmaq8c.jpeg

Beautiful build. I am glad to here it is a good model as I have just a little bit done on the PBJ version of the kit.

Your paint job is just fantastic!

Greg in OK

Edited by Greg in OK

I like Hasegawa B-25s because any modeller with a bit of skill and experience can make a stunning model from this kit. The only two things that I'd change on your model are the color of the bomb bay ( looks like the real things had them unpainted) and the engine cowling openings ( they should be enlarged a bit).

I like Hasegawa B-25s because any modeller with a bit of skill and experience can make a stunning model from this kit. The only two things that I'd change on your model are the color of the bomb bay ( looks like the real things had them unpainted) and the engine cowling openings ( they should be enlarged a bit).

Thanks for the tip. I painted per the kit instructions. I wanted any easy build so I didn't do much research.