Revell 1/1200 Scharnhorst

Okay.

A new start on a group build. Last GB I took part in stalled for my part but this could be a good chance to get back in the saddle. This Starter Set GB is perfectly timed with my annual trip to Germany, meaning I have a couple of weeks to kill some time in the evenings. Being in Germany I thought a german subject could be ok, and it being delivered by a german company is just a bonus.

Here's the picture of the set

Model%20set%20Revell%20Scharnhorst_zpsep

Model set, glue, brush, 3 shades of grey

• Like 1

Time for some building.

Here's the shipyard complete with paintshop and toolkit.

DSC_0880_zpskfvubppr.jpg

The keel is laid out and in recordbreaking time the deck and superstructure is in place. Next will be some shades of grey to make it less visible and confuse the enemy.

DSC_0883_zpsgecesaok.jpg

• Like 1

"Not" "Patient" I've been googling for "PE Revell Scharnhorst" and luckily could'nt find any :yahoo: .

Work is going forward, not exactly full speed but steady. Pics > 1000 words

P4041893_zpsutztouau.jpg

P4041894_zpskozloqqb.jpg

P4041895_zpstcsxze5n.jpg

The colours that Revell has sent with the kit is 76 Light grey, 77 Dust grey and 79 Greyish blue. The instructions also calls for 88 ochre brown for the deck planking and 67 Greenish grey for the Arados. That means you will actually get away with not doing the splintercamo for aircrafts. There is one visible just above the brush in the picture above.

P4041892_zps6xre3nbf.jpg

And Mrs Plastix, here's the brush as delivered by Revell. The small pointy brush, actually :winkgrin:

• Like 2

Hi NW,

its probably a good job that they didn't include paint for the deck, looks like it would have been a real mission to work that around the moulded on detail!

Looks good so far though, keep it going

Craig

And suddenly the end was here.

P4071898_zpskd008jue.jpg

P4071899_zpsszvkhux3.jpg

P4071900_zpsbu8qnhwk.jpg

P4071902_zps8ncqhplb.jpg

P4071903_zpsaadsr7uy.jpg

P4071904_zpsod8ljokz.jpg

P4071905_zpsjauhgrwv.jpg

P4071906_zpsylco9gnl.jpg

The kit was ok, bearing in mind that the scale is 1/1200. Everything seems a bit coarse (just look at the flagpoles fore and aft). The 3 pots of paint was good and most of the painting was done with at least 50% thinning. No problem with the thinning. The brush was not the best but with a little trimming it became ok. All in all good fun.

• Like 2