Migs Encyclopaedia of Armour Modelling Techniques Vol 1

Wogga

I tried posting this in the reviews but i couldn't? probably mods or high posters only?

I thought i would share with you my short review of the above mentioned book.

Now i confess i am a fan of Mig Jimenez, i know he isn't everybody's cup of tea and i have seen references to the "spanish look" . But i think for average modellers like me i have learnt a lot.

I bought FAQ2 a few weeks back and was well impressed with the content and its photo quality. It is a great book imo and i don't mind the shameful reference to Ammo products either. Again i am a fan of AK and Ammo products. OK i am a sucker for marketing.

Anyway back to the book, no it isn't cheap but again it is full of great info and the quality of the hundreds of pictures is excellent. No spanish look painting is covered here, it is purely about construction and modifications including working with resin and PE add ons.

I would recommend this to all modellers even the experienced as a great reference.

I bought my copy via a UK retailer on fleabay, £23.99 plus £2.50p&p well worth it i think. There are a further 5 books to come in the series and there is a pre purchase offer on the Ammo website i.e. 120 euros the full set plus a hefty 50+euros for postage.

thumb_IMG_0061_1024_zpslcmgjyqb.jpg

The contents

thumb_IMG_0060_1024_zpshghcjv6k.jpg

thumb_IMG_0062_1024_zpst04m37rm.jpg

thumb_IMG_0065_1024_zps7itxcvxw.jpg

thumb_IMG_0064_1024_zps2dghagg5.jpg

thumb_IMG_0063_1024_zpsb04lvxxi.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I had seen this and it sparked my interested but I might wait for the painting and weathering ones before I part with any cash!

When you come to buy the later versions have a look for MJR models on Facebook they had this one for ~£19 plus postage so you might save a few quid!

I've got the Adam Wilder equivalent book (the painting and weathering one) and I find that very useful, also worth a look for another perspective.

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...