NIKO 1/700 HMS Montgomery

Hi there, new member here. Just posting this to check out my photo uploading abilities.

I bought this on a whim, and the fact it looked good, off e-bay (and it was in a sale).

My first multimedia kit, it hasn't gone to badly so far apart from the droopy torpedo tube turret, didn't want to attempt to heat it and reshape it, I tried to heat and reshape the sides of the middle hull section to fit the deck better, but it didn't work, a bit of filler will see to that.

the starboard searchlight pinged out of the tweezers, never to be seen again, i'll have to try to scratch one.

The base is from a 1/76 diecast armoured vehicle from one of those monthly magazines, I bought a few cheap off e-bay for wargaming and thought the 'ground' effect looked like a slightly rough sea. The wake etc, has yet to be built up though.

Thank goodness for LED Magnifier's!!!

DSC_0003_zps87vrs9ef.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsvm3yzobm.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsxbqulexg.jpg

• Like 4

Becoming more of a challenge for this old hand now! Added a few more bits and pieces, Oerlikons, depth charge handling gear, staircases, anchors and chains plus other fiddley bits and pieces.

DSC_0013_zpsei0nq8lt.jpg

DSC_0019_zpsl2w68blj.jpg

DSC_0017_zps6ggg35at.jpg

DSC_0015_zpstnyyuzme.jpg

DSC_0014_zpsbtwph8nk.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Been a while since working on this model, but been working on other builds (aircraft mainly).

Basically now finished construction apart from ships boats, which I'll paint seperately, railings, and then painting.

DSC_0012_zpshp6oebbu.jpg

DSC_0013_zpscjfhipni.jpg

DSC_0014_zpsfcokbt1y.jpg

DSC_0015_zpslhz3dqrm.jpg

• Like 4

The build look really good so far. Will be really interested to see how you paint this one especially around all that really fine detail. Will it be airbrushed or brush painted?

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Guy

Thanks Guy. Yes it will be interesting, and something I guess I didn't think about when getting carried away building the thing!!

I'm thinking airbrushing an undercoat, then the deck colour. After that brush painting I reckon.

Also realised that after cleaning out my Photobucket library the previous pictures have gone, oops!

Davey.

• Like 2