1/48 - BAe Harrier T.2/T.2A/T.2N/T.4/T.4N/T.8 by Kinetic - released

Homebee

19 hours ago, Nick Belbin said:

I'm almost afraid to ask because I don't want to appear negative - this is a kit I've been waiting for almost as much as the GR1!!

Question is: are all the vortex generators now present on both wings or is a minor bit of surgery needed?

Looking forward to getting mine!

Nick

Happy with the trainer! Looking foreward to a GR.1! 

18 hours ago, TimB said:

Sounds really good.  Thanks to all involved.  A few issues with the weapons don't worry me, given the infrequency with which they were carried. I think there will be several to do (at least 4 Sqn, and VAAC).  My one is en route, hopefully withough as many refuelli ng stops as the real thing needed.

Regards

Tim

In my time on 233 OCU  and 4 Sqn, the  T2/4's (and GR3) I worked on carried SNEB rocket pods on up to four  range training missions a day, Infrequent is not really the word I would use!  The only thing I  miss from this kit is a CBLS 100 (or 2). A usual configuration was  2x rocket pods and centreline  CBLS.

Selwyn

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

In my time on 233 OCU  and 4 Sqn, the  T2/4's (and GR3) I worked on carried SNEB rocket pods on up to four  range training missions a day, Infrequent is not really the word I would use!  The only thing I  miss from this kit is a CBLS 100 (or 2). A usual configuration was  2x rocket pods and centreline  CBLS.

Selwyn

equally, they are often photographed with just two tanks

On 10/20/2017 at 12:54 PM, Selwyn said:

Selwyn

Hi, Selwyn.  Sorry, forgot the OCU.  SNEB were rarely used on IV(AC) when I was there other than at Decci.  CBLS and/or recce pod were more usual.  I've just ordered 2 of the Flightpath CBLS for my T4.

Regards

Tim

11 hours ago, TimB said:

Hi, Selwyn.  Sorry, forgot the OCU.  SNEB were rarely used on IV(AC) when I was there other than at Decci.  CBLS and/or recce pod were more usual.  I've just ordered 2 of the Flightpath CBLS for my T4.

Regards

Tim

Tim I was on 4(AC) late 80 to late 82 and SNEB was a daily load. That, along with 4lb practice bombs and 2x120 30mm were the most common, we occasionally did 28lb practice as well. 

Selwyn

Well, the minor problems with this kit won't stop me getting one. Naturally, it will be built as a T-4N, in overall grey. Will have to get some CBLS too as they were the only things we fitted,  other than the guns.

On 27.10.2017 at 09:58, 593jones said:

That's a hell of a long way to go for a kit!

There you see how much I have waited for this!

;-)

Edit: Just arrived in China and collected the kit: The box is crammed with parts, optional verticals, optinal wings (tbh no idea why) and a huge decal sheet in perfect register. I cannot post pics from here though - sorry. Looks like a great kit.

Edit:

Harrier T 1Harrier T 2

René

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:55 PM, Caerbannog said:

There you see how much I have waited for this!

;-)

Edit: Just arrived in China and collected the kit: The box is crammed with parts, optional verticals, optinal wings (tbh no idea why) and a huge decal sheet in perfect register. I cannot post pics from here though - sorry. Looks like a great kit.

Edit:

Harrier T 1Harrier T 2

René

Mmm, that does look nice.  Worth the journey!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Looks great! The SNEB pods have visible rocket noses showing though - I thought they were covered by frangible teardrops? Easy enough to sand back if so I guess!

TT

Yeah, that was a bit of a mistake from Kinetic - if you read NIck's post above, they were meant to be RN 36 3 row pods, but got a bit of a mish mash.

13 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

Yeah, that was a bit of a mistake from Kinetic - if you read NIck's post above, they were meant to be RN 36 3 row pods, but got a bit of a mish mash.

Apologies, missed the post, we have a SNEB pod in our Museum and thought it must be an error. Right sod to move as well! Thanks DF 

• Like 1

Re the rocket pods - CMK do some resin ones and I found these the other day that appear pretty good, not seen them before and looks like they come as a set of four too - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ResKit-48-0060-Matra-155-4pcs-Hunter-Canberra-Harrier-Phantom-Jaguar-Hawk-1-48/292313963584?hash=item440f451c40:g:t-kAAOSwH-dZ-Y7w

• 3 months later...
On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:54 PM, Selwyn said:

Selwyn

To be honest, I don't think the frequency of use makes any difference. If the aircraft could use a particular store then, I would suggest it's inclusion is valid. Besides, I like my models festooned with lots of lethal whizz bangs!:lol:

Allan

• 1 month later...

I thought I read somewhere (but can't remember where) that the seats are incorrect for a Royal Thai Navy TAV-8S.

Any comment on that? If so, which aftermarket seats are recommended?

Larry

3 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

I thought I read somewhere (but can't remember where) that the seats are incorrect for a Royal Thai Navy TAV-8S.

Any comment on that? If so, which aftermarket seats are recommended?

Stencel SEU-3A seats. Wingman set made for the German Alpha Jet look right: https://wingmanmodels.com/wm/Pulsar/en_US.Store.display.88./wmf48002

9 hours ago, Laurent said:

Stencel SEU-3A seats. Wingman set made for the German Alpha Jet look right: https://wingmanmodels.com/wm/Pulsar/en_US.Store.display.88./wmf48002

SEU-3A is the single seater seat. The two seaters need different canopy breakers on top, but are otherwise the Wolfman ones are pretty good (The official designations are Stencel S-III-S-3 / SJU-13/A in the front seat and the Stencel S-III-S-3 / SJU-14/A in the back - SIIIS3 is Stencel's generic name for the family )

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 2