gravity colours?

shood23

Even if Gravity USA’s paint is better, he still has a problem with timely shipping and a complete lack of communication. I agree, based on my own experience and with Splash and Zero available, there’s little reason for me to deal with either of these companies. It’s a shame, because they have a good, reasonably priced product.

Ben

Morning Chaps :bye:

This all smells a bit like bullpoo doesn't it...

I've been using Gravity Paints EU for about 4 years now, have ordered multiple times, they have all arrived within a week and have never had an issue with any of the colours. I've never had grainy paint, I've never had to thin it down and actually never had any of the issues that people are talking about, and I still have some of the first colours that they issued. In fact I'll go as far as to say that I still have yet to find someone that does have an issue(s) that have been mentioned. 

I had one small issue, and that was a broken lid, and a new bottle of paint and a small gift was sent as a replacement, again within a week. 

I do like using Zero paints, even tho they are hard to come by here, but I prefer using Gravity. They seem smoother, and as said before the flakes seem to be to scale and they just seem to be easier to use (my opinion) 

I'm sure this is not the last we have heard of this battle 

Mad Steve 

• Like 1

I like their paint, too. I haven't read any negative comments about the Spanish version's quality, communication, or shipping speed. I have found posts on other car-related forums about Gravity USA having the same paint problems he's accusing the Spanish company of having.

I understand the need to protect one's brand, but this public back and forth is unprofessional, which makes it hard to justify supporting either. Both companies would do well to change their names to something else, since the name "Gravity Colors" is rapidly earning such a negative reputation.

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

• 2 years later...

I wish I'd read this thread before ordering anything from Gravity Colors USA. It's been 74 days and I'm still waiting for them to ship about a dozen colors, with them lying several times about when and how things would ship out.

Horrible service. They won't get another dime from me, ever.

On 04/03/2019 at 15:25, Ben Brown said:

I like their paint, too. I haven't read any negative comments about the Spanish version's quality, communication, or shipping speed.

Just to update this for UK modellers post Brexit, I ordered some paints from Gravity Spain in early March. Ordered late Monday evening, arrived Friday morning (same week!) - iust as good, if not better than some UK stores. I didn't have any customs charges, but don't know if that was just luck or will be the same with ever order. Shipping charges didn't seem much more expensive than before the B word!

As to their communication, I sent a question via the contact form on the website about whether they were still shipping to the UK late one evening and had a reply first thing next morning.

Can't comment on quality  as I haven't had chance to use them yet, but seen many good reports on them on youtube builds.

Keith 

I placed an order with Gravity Spain last week. They shipped the next day. We’ll see how long it takes to get to the US. I also emailed a question to them Monday and they responded within hours. 

Ben

To expand on my experience with Gravity USA...

I placed three orders, totaling $180, between January 26 and February 2nd.

Order #1 did not ship at all, due to two colors being on back order. I was not informed of this until six weeks in when I texted them and asked for status.

Order #2 did not ship at all. I was told it was in the box with Order #3. It was not.

Order #3... I was told it shipped on 2/17. This is, in fact, when the shipping label was created, and USPS tracking suggested it was scanned at a self serve kiosk at their local post office. There was no further update of any kind until March 30th, after many texts back and forth, and many calls to USPS to find the missing mail. The first update on 3/30 said "USPS in possession of item." It was finally delivered on 4/2.

Order #1 allegedly shipped on 3/26. That is when they printed out a shipping label for it. I was told it went out that day and I should expect it in the next week. It was not here in the next week.

After informing them that Order #2 was missing, and that #1 had not shipped, they said they'd check on it, and send it out in the mail tomorrow (on 4/5). This did not happen either.

I opened Paypal disputes for both orders on 4/6. When the status on the website went from "Completed" to "On Hold", with no further communication, I escalated them to cases. They messaged me on 4/7 (Wednesday) saying both orders were shipped, they'd be here Saturday, Monday at the latest. They weren't.

On Tuesday, 4/13, I asked for tracking numbers. I was not given any, but told the orders would be here Thursday. And if I would be so kind, would I close the Paypal cases once I received everything, because Paypal charges fees on disputes. Sure, once everything is here.

It's Friday, 4/16. Nothing is here. I asked again for tracking numbers. This is the last day they has to provide any information to Paypal before they consider the case. And I get a text at 10:45 PM saying there was an update on the tracking number for Order #1. Sure enough... "USPS in possession of item" at 9:02 PM. They just took it to the post office for the first time, today.

Allegedly, everything should be here Tuesday, and Paypal is set to rule on the claims by Thursday. We'll see what shows up. At this point, I have zero confidence that it'll be everything that I paid for.

I don't understand how you can treat your customers like this. It is like they don't care about their reputation. Keep us posted and I hope you get what you ordered eventually.

5 hours ago, Ray B. said:

And if I would be so kind, would I close the Paypal cases once I received everything, because Paypal charges fees on disputes. Sure, once everything is here.

Even if I got everything, they could whistle for that - I'd let them pay! What a bunch of con artists (or so it would appear)

Keith

9 hours ago, Ray B. said:

It's Friday, 4/16. Nothing is here. I asked again for tracking numbers. This is the last day they has to provide any information to Paypal before they consider the case. And I get a text at 10:45 PM saying there was an update on the tracking number for Order #1. Sure enough... "USPS in possession of item" at 9:02 PM. They just took it to the post office for the first time, today.

They've gone in and added one comment a piece on the Paypal disputes. For Order #1, they've added a brand new tracking number, created last night at 11:02 PM. It has not been taken to the post office yet.

For Order #2, they updated it with the tracking number originally given for Order #1. The one which was allegedly shipped out back in March, and several times later through the process.

5 hours ago, dbostream said:

I don't understand how you can treat your customers like this. It is like they don't care about their reputation. Keep us posted and I hope you get what you ordered eventually.

They've got a pretty, professional looking website that some people (namely me) would probably trust enough to not vet them first. If I'd seen the horror stories from their BBB complaints, or even bothered to look here first, I would've saved my money.

It's one thing for a small business to get swamped by a ton of orders that delays shipping. I can empathize with that. If they'd told me that straight up, I would've gone along with it. But this is outright lying, multiple times in the process, and I will not deal with them ever again. Given what I've read in this thread, I'll give Gravity Spain a look next time.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:01 AM, keefr22 said:

Just to update this for UK modellers post Brexit, I ordered some paints from Gravity Spain in early March. Ordered late Monday evening, arrived Friday morning (same week!) - iust as good, if not better than some UK stores. I didn't have any customs charges, but don't know if that was just luck or will be the same with ever order. Shipping charges didn't seem much more expensive than before the B word!

As to their communication, I sent a question via the contact form on the website about whether they were still shipping to the UK late one evening and had a reply first thing next morning.

Can't comment on quality  as I haven't had chance to use them yet, but seen many good reports on them on youtube builds.

Keith 

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the order for? 

I was looking into ordering a few colours from gravity Spain and I'm worried it will trip the customs charges and not be worthwhile. 

Jeff. 

1 hour ago, Roo said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the order for? 

Don't mind at all - it was only a small one as I was testing the waters as to whether I'd get clobbered by Customs, so I don't know if a bigger order would get charged - or even if one the same will in the future, it all still seems pretty unclear.

Anyway, it was 4 bottles of paint & shipping for a total of 35.25 Euro - £30.78 at the then exchange rate.

HTH

Keith

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2021 at 11:32 PM, Ray B. said:

To expand on my experience with Gravity USA...

Order #3... I was told it shipped on 2/17. This is, in fact, when the shipping label was created, and USPS tracking suggested it was scanned at a self serve kiosk at their local post office. There was no further update of any kind until March 30th, after many texts back and forth, and many calls to USPS to find the missing mail. The first update on 3/30 said "USPS in possession of item." It was finally delivered on 4/2.

On 4/17/2021 at 9:34 AM, Ray B. said:

They've gone in and added one comment a piece on the Paypal disputes. For Order #1, they've added a brand new tracking number, created last night at 11:02 PM. It has not been taken to the post office yet.

This looks like it's the same situation. USPS tracking shows it scanned at the kiosk on Saturday, 4/17, and there is no update since then.

For fun, I placed a small order with Gravity Spain on Sunday, 4/18. It has shipped and the DHL shows it's been picked up and estimates delivery on Friday. Refreshing competency.

I've just taken the plunge and made a small test order from gravity Spain. I chose 2 colours that I can't get from zero paints (well, the Nissan midnight purple is a stupid money ltd edition) 

So I'd have to suck up any other costs anyway. 

I meant to get their 2k clear as I've heard good things about it, but I forgot until it was too late

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 10:21 PM, keefr22 said:

Let us know how you get on please Jeff.

Keith

They have just come through the door, so I can't fault the service. I ordered it at 1445 on Monday and it was delivered around 0920 on Thursday. 

I don't know if I'd regularly use them as zero paints has a far wider selections, but I'd happily buy from them again. 

I didn't get any customs charges. I've had a look and I'm not sure what they'd come under but it looks like it's 20% vat and 6% tariff, but as its under the duty free amount it may be that there is no charge. 

Edited by Roo
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Roo said:

but as its under the duty free amount it may be that there is no charge. 

I couldn't find out what that is now tbh, reading some things suggests there isn't one, others that it's £135 (which I find hard to believe!) And some e-bay listings from the EU are now saying there's 20%VAT included in the item cost, while others make no mention of it! It might be going to be like the 'old days' when if you bought something from outside the EU it was a 50/50 chance of whether you'd get hit by customs or not?!

I do agree with you about Gravity's service, it was brilliant with my order too - and in my case they actually have more of the colours I want in future than zero do, so I'll likely be ordering from them again.

Keith

My order from Gravity Spain, placed on 4/18, arrived today, 4/22.

My outstanding order from Gravity USA, placed on 1/24, still has not been received by USPS.

I really hope this guy isn't having an effect on the Spanish site with his horrible service.

• Like 2

Just a day or two over three months later, all of my paints have finally arrived. After an erroneously closed case by PayPal on Friday was reopened, they shipped my outstanding order Friday night and it arrived on my doorstep Monday afternoon.

Everything is here, and to their credit, the colors I am most familiar with look pretty accurate in the bottle. Future business will go to Gravity Spain.

GYpzGdh.jpg

Edited by Ray B.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ray B. said:

Just a day or two over three months later, all of my paints have finally arrived. After an erroneously closed case by PayPal on Friday was reopened, they shipped my outstanding order Friday night and it arrived on my doorstep Monday afternoon.

Everything is here, and to their credit, the colors I am most familiar with look pretty accurate in the bottle. Future business will go to Gravity Spain.

Nice to see that your order arrived. I see that you have Porsche liquid silver. My pot had a strange consistency and sprayed out in clumps and ruined a paintjob. I made sure it was thoroughly mixed. I check all my Gravity USA colours now before committing to plastic.