Ducati Panigale 1199s

Hello everyone,

I have started this kit 6 months ago. I used Hobbydesign's detail set and Tamiya's front fork set along the kit. Tamiya's panigale kit is very nice, not for beginners probably but the kit comes along nicely, although there are a few subassamblies that can drive you nuts:) Especially the tail and side cowlings fit are not that good.

dbsyr.jpg

Both detail sets are amazing. Front fork set is a great addition, it is very easy to assemble and saves your from a lot of painful mask and paintwork. But the hobbydesign set is a little difficult, especially the chain set and exhaust pipe require a lot of patience but the end result is worth that patience.

2v9vyit.jpg

Some images from the construction:

4kxyz6.jpg

2ih6uiq.jpg

eal8nt.jpg

1zd9jx1.jpg

2vc6ekw.jpg

ml08qt.jpg

30cab8o.jpg

2a5ndvn.jpg

And here is the final images from the complete bike. Beginning with the naked pangale first:

vdlb9e.jpg

a9v768.jpg

24od1s1.jpg

bj8w9y.jpg

2ijkyg6.jpg

sjnk.jpg

63ymv9.jpg

2wfl0n6.jpg

k21ipt.jpg

11jlkyf.jpg

dqsndh.jpg

And here is the normal ducati, with her clothes on:

15wkpid.jpg

28at1sj.jpg

1602613.jpg

2ci8mbm.jpg

24y5kl4.jpg

9u6bdz.jpg

2zhnn8i.jpg

2i8ymvd.jpg

Thanks for looking...

salih

Edited by airea
  • Like 14

Looks fantastic! I had a very close look because I like the Hobby Design PE kit.

I have a question for you though!

In the photo of the front wheel in your hand the outer disc holes appear the be breaking through the edge of the discs! In your completed pics they look fine. Are the discs made from 2 layers? I guess the outer layer has a slightly larger diameter to tidy the edge up? I did notice there's 4 discs on the etched parts plate.

Edited by vontrips
  • Like 1

Thanks for the nice words guys:)

Vontrips, you are right, each front disk is made of two disks requiring perfect line up during the assembly. Otherwise the holes not meet each other. But the diameters of the disks are exactly the same, they sit on each other perfectly and the edges of the disks are sharper than the rest of the disk, which gives you a very sharp single edged disk when the two are glued together. So you are right that in the first photo, it seems like the edge of the lower disk is larger than the upper one but that is not the case.

All in all, I would advise HD detail set even though it is more expensive than the kit itself. It requires a lot of patience but set is very clean and the fit is great. It is expensive but you got 6 frets of pe parts and lots of small parts. When you compare it to eduard's single fret detail sets, it is not that expensive.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks a lot guys for your nice comments...

Actually, this model got a gold medal (not real gold though:)) in a recent local modelling competition in its respective category. I am really happy that I am finally able to build something with acceptable results:)

• Like 1