Fed-Ex MD-11?

Hi,

if it's a 1/144 scale kit you'd like to make you only have a couple of choices:

1) Authentic Airliners resin kit. There's one being built in the work in progress section here. It's expensive but very nice.

2) Welsh Models vac form and resin combination kit. Again, there's one being built in the same section here.

3) convert a DC-10 kit to the MD-11.

Decals: Drawdecal offer digital silk decals for the FedEx MD-11 and DC-10 fleet. I'm sure theres others but I can't think at the moment.

For a 1/200 kit. Hunt out Hasegawa MD-11 kit (best bet ebay or such like, it's not in production at the moment, I think) and again Drawdecal offer their decals in 1/200 scale to suit.

There are many airliners that have been neglected over all these years and a decent injection moulded DC-10 and MD-11 are a couple that are really wanted. Who knows, maybe one day they'll appear.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

If you're thinking of getting into airliners (excellent idea) you'll find that there is rarely a kit in the actual livery you want to build. As Jeff says, it's usually a case of buying the kit from one manufacturer and the decals from somebody else. Even more than military aircraft, airliners are very dependent on "cottage industry" manufacturers.

This site is a fantastic resource and if you can't find what you need by searching just ask and somebody should be able to come up with an answer for you.