1/48 - de Havilland Venom NF.51/J33 by Pilot Replicas - box art

Homebee

interesting.... very interesting, if Pilot Replicas are doing Swedish operated themed kits then perhaps we will finally get good easily available accurate modern kits of the J28 and J34....better known as the Vampire and Hunter....

Given how neat their J-21 and Tunnan are this would be rather good ;)

oh...and I look down at related links ....and we have

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234999778-148-de-havilland-dh100-vampire-fb50j28b-by-pilot-replicas-box-art/

Vampi.jpg

C'mon, just a Hunter to go

• Like 2

I've been waiting for years for the venom NF.3 I have the old CA sea venom kit I was to convert. Now I won't have to. :)

Maybe PR can be persuaded to make some overlooked American aircraft....P-63 kingcobra and a Accurate p-80/F-80? :o

Edited by Mike Esposito

I've been waiting for years for the venom NF.3 I have the old CA sea venom kit I was to convert. Now I won't have to. :)

Maybe PR can be persuaded to make some overlooked American aircraft....P-63 kingcobra and a Accurate p-80/F-80? :o

HI Mike

Aeroclub did the NF.3 as a multimedia kit. The CA kit has some accuracy problems too, but still sells well.

The Swedes didn't operate the Sea Venom, but Pilot Replicas probably figure as most of the NF 3 is common with the Sea Venom it was worth trying.

As I said, it looks as if PR are doing Swedish, or Swedish operated types, so I'd be very surprised at P-63 or F-80, but a new Hunter is a definite possibility (says he trying to brainwash PR .) and an accurate available 1/48th Hunter is needed (again, Aeroclub did mixed media Hunters but these are long OOP)

cheers

T

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Six years after the announcement...

Source: https://plasticfantastique.com/uncategorized/news-from-pilot-replicas/

(...)Another kit that's been in the makings for some time now is the de Havilland Venom (J 33 in Sweden). This is more down the line and Claes told me that he also have a two-seater Vampire in the works and this seems to be closer as there was a 3D printed mock-up on the table. These are definitively two kits that are in the makings though. (...)

V.P.

• Like 2