1/48 - de Havilland Sea Venom FAW.21 by Pilot Replicas - box art - release in ?

Homebee

At least their research material is top notch.

Edited 

"At least the research done for them was top notch even if it was a complete and utter waste of my time"

Edited by NAVY870
Updating previous comments
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

Not long after the announcement of this and other kits to follow the Tunnan, the manufacturer  went in to a kind of hibernation period. I believe this was something in addition to their full time work ( or something like hat). Only recently they seem to have started releasing earlier kits again so we can perhaps hope they may still get around to this one and the promised Vampire too.

Now I am very grumpy today, but is it really necessary ( as dozens of times lately ) to revive older new kits announcent topics without any new news,

anything that would point to release of announced kit, there are few active forum members that scan-cover all the news outlets from websites to social media,

and will post usually within an hour after any novelty / news appears.

How many forum members will open this topic to find nothing new, either we have news or we don't...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Thomas V. said:

Now I am very grumpy today, but is it really necessary ( as dozens of times lately ) to revive older new kits announcent topics without any new news,

anything that would point to release of announced kit, there are few active forum members that scan-cover all the news outlets from websites to social media,

How many forum members will open this topic to find nothing new, either we have news or we don't...

I'm not sure where the appropriate place to ask this question would be if not here? Seems fair enough to me.

Now, what makes me grumpy is when people post just to say their kit has arrived and nothing more... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

Blimey! I only asked! 😂

isn’t that what rumourmonger’s for? 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Acinonyx Jubatus said:

I wonder if this announcement by Pilot Replicas has in anyway influenced Airfix not to produce a Sea Venom

As said much needed, and one of the few British cold war jets not yet done by Airfix

Not sure. I was at Telford last year and overheard a conversation between a red shirted Airfix employee and someone on one of the Eastern European manufacturers stand (AZ I think) stand - which was generally about  cooperating on releases.  Did surprise me after seeing the Airfix documentary on TV where they clearly worked to release a new train under the Hornby brand before a smaller manufacturer did, effectively squashing their smaller competitors target market.  Nothing wrong in that per se- it's just business, but perhaps different in the plastic model marketplace where volumes are maybe lower?  

9 hours ago, Acinonyx Jubatus said:

I wonder if this announcement by Pilot Replicas has in anyway influenced Airfix not to produce a Sea Venom

As said much needed, and one of the few British cold war jets not yet done by Airfix

I doubt it. The list of British early/mid-cold war jets not done by Airfix is about the same length as the list of the ones they have done: Vampire, Venom, Sea Venom, Armstrong Whitworth Meteors, Swift, Scimitar, Attacker, Sea Hawk, Jet Provost vs Lightning, Meteor, Hunter, Sabre, Javelin, Sea Vixen, Canberra, Gnat, Buccaneer...and I think that's being generous!

Jon

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I've just looked at their latest Facebook update, a couple people have commented asking about the Sea Venom and the response has been "be patient". 

That sounds like good news, it will be a little while perhaps! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wellsprop said:

I've just looked at their latest Facebook update, a couple people have commented asking about the Sea Venom and the response has been "be patient". 

That sounds like good news, it will be a little while perhaps! 

It's funny when a company five years after they announce a kit say "be patient" 😂 

Anyway I'm in no rush, I would rather they get it right.

• Like 1