Dassault Mirage M5M Elkan

I present the Pj Productions boxing of the High Planes Mirage, the base kit was the MIrage 5 boxing and using the MIRSIP conversion set you can model the Chilean Air Force Elkan version, I used the FCM decal sheet 72-33 for the markings which

went on really well much better than the recent Brazilian Air Force sheet I used.

IMGP5113_1_zpsanechx76.jpg

IMGP5107_1_zpsodzoozn3.jpg

IMGP5101_1_zpsrkhfm8gu.jpg

IMGP5098_1_zpswukh8ij2.jpg

Alongside some of her South American delta wing brethren

IMGP5110_1_zpspjpa0i0v.jpg

Anyway hope you enjoy

Willy

• Like 17

Hi Willy,

Thanks for sharing your trio of mirages/kfir with us. I certainly did enjoy your Elkan. I too have the Elkan down on the future to build list. I hope mine will look as good as yours when I get to it. Would you mind sharing the paints you used, especially for the light green. Photos of the Elkan seem to me to show a paler green than would be found on the Belgium 5BA. I guess this is a trick of the Chilean light. Also which pale grey did you use on the Finger and Kfir?

Do you ever display your models at shows? All three of your mirage family would look very nice displayed on the Mirage SIG tables at the up coming Cosford show.

Regards,

Zhizhou

• Like 1

Hi Willy,

Thanks for sharing your trio of mirages/kfir with us. I certainly did enjoy your Elkan. I too have the Elkan down on the future to build list. I hope mine will look as good as yours when I get to it. Would you mind sharing the paints you used, especially for the light green. Photos of the Elkan seem to me to show a paler green than would be found on the Belgium 5BA. I guess this is a trick of the Chilean light. Also which pale grey did you use on the Finger and Kfir?

Do you ever display your models at shows? All three of your mirage family would look very nice displayed on the Mirage SIG tables at the up coming Cosford show.

Regards,

Zhizhou

Hi Zhizhou,

Thanks for the comments the green used was Tamiya XF58 Olive Green, I know what you mean about how it appears in photographs but like you

say I think its just a trick of the light, I,m sorry but I cant remember the greys I used on the Finger and Kfir but I would probably have used FS colours

used in the painting instructions sorry I cant be of more help.

I don't display my models they are usually just put away in a box as I have nowhere to display them at home, and to be honest the quality is not that good.

Regards

Willy

Hi Willy,

Thanks for the paint reference, I will buy some XF58 next time in my LMS or Reading's HobbyCraft. I'm keen to make the single seat, the two seat trainer and the recce version that wore the Elkan colours.

I think you do your modelling skills an injustice. The three you have shared with us in this thread look fine miniature replicas of the Mirage family and certainly too good to be put away out of sight. I know what you mean about display space at home. The average UK homes are not blessed with a wealth of spare space for shelving or display cabinets, well at least not compared to homes in Australia. I too store most of my model output into the plastic Really Useful boxes but this makes it easy to transport them to model shows for display on the Mirage or French Air Forces SIGs tables.

All the best for your next modelling project.

regards,

Zhizhou