My version of Airfix's 1/48th Spitfire PR Mk.XIX... will not appear, I fear.

will appear here, in due course.

Hannants having finally come through, I am in a position to start thinking seriously about my proposed build for this GB. I'd decided on this particular kit because firstly, I like the recce Spitfires, and the builds I'd seen here and in other places had impressed me no end; it looked to be quite a good 'un, and the reviews indicated the same. Having received my kit, I took a look at it, and nice it is... except that the supplied colour schemes don't thrill me for some reason (they did when I ordered it <shrug>).

In consequence, I've decided that I'm going to do mine as a Turkish aircraft, in Olive Green. Not sure of the details yet, let alone the exact colour, but a bit of research will be done while the glue and paint dries on my entrants for other GBs, and when they're almost fledged, I'll make a start on cutting plastic for this.

All of which is a lot of rambling guff to say... watch this space.

(Photos to follow. :) )

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to disappoint lads, but nope, not going to happen, despite my decals arriving yesterday from Hannants. I'm putting all GBs on hold for a while, other things to sort out. Thank you all for the interest.

Sorry to hear that Rob, in any case this is just a hobby and we all go through moments when more important things take the time away from our beloved plastic kits.

I hope you'll find to time to complete this project in the future and will post your build in the forum general WIP section, your choice of subject was very interesting

• Like 1