1/35 Conqueror by Dragon

Finally got around to finish my Conqueror, an model kit I was very excited about - as the Conqueror is such a cool vehicle. And it is massive, a King Tiger looks delicate next to it. I finished it with only restrained colour modulation and deciced to leave off any further weathering. I preferred it in a "museum" look. You might notice the missing license numbers. I botched the ones that came it the kit (very thin black base and individual letters) and have no replacements.

Hope you like it.

S5aknUD.jpg98nAF7z.jpgjD9d7yC.jpggW9m9br.jpgcdBiels.jpghx4Um1u.jpglFjB1Bk.jpgJtD08Hd.jpg

• Like 16

Very nice indeed and I want to build one myself,.....I`ve always liked the Conqueror since seeing the one at Duxford as a kid,....back when it used to live in a little garage behind the Handley Page Hasting`s,....it is just a brute of a thing!

Cheers

Tony

Very nice indeed and I want to build one myself,.....I`ve always liked the Conqueror since seeing the one at Duxford as a kid,....back when it used to live in a little garage behind the Handley Page Hasting`s,....it is just a brute of a thing!

Cheers

Tony

I can recommend the kit. As with a lot of recent offerings it has received the usual online criticism regarding authenticity. I have my own opinion on that.

A thing I actually did rework was the turret which comes completely smooth. I gave it two layers of stippled on Mr.Surfacer 500 which gave it a decent resemblance of a cast texture while not being overdone.

Edited by Cheezburger
  • Like 1