1/350 scale Soviet Golf-I Class Submarine - resin model from Polar Bear

"Gentlemen, I present to you the Soviet submarine Project 629..... 1 ping only Vasilly"

This is the solid resin model from Polar Bear Models - who sell ready-made and painted submarine display models in 1/350 scale.

As a sideline, they also sell the subs as 'kits' - consisting of a rock-like, chocolate coloured resin one-piece hull with separate propellers, masts and dive planes plus a decal sheet.

I had to fill the display base mounting holes and sand down some bulges from its display origins - as well as the seam line down the middle - and wore out a few sanders and drill bits doing so - the resin is REALLY hard!

Anyway - It's finished........

350_Golf_I_06.jpg

350_Golf_I_07.jpg

350_Golf_I_08.jpg

350_Golf_I_09.jpg

350_Golf_I_10.jpg

It was hard work - but it adds another Soviet type to my collection of 1/350 scale subs.

More photos of the build here.

The Polar Bear kits are quite expensive - but I might be be tempted to get a few more - especially the more unusual types.

Ken

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I had forgotten about the promised HB kit when I ordered the Golf from Polar Models :doh:

I chose it as being the oddest looking - and as the cheapest way of testing their customer service etc.

Now that I am happy with them - I'll order more - maybe an Echo-II to go with my Juliett..... or maybe a Yankee Sidecar ?

Ken

PS - I hope the HB Golf has open missile bays - to be different from the PB kit.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...