Meteors! First one now finished, TWO more on the go!

So, why do they put a handle right there front and center, paint it red, and then tell you NOT to pull it? Sheesh.

Aversion therapy? Dramatic tension? Military logic has always had an air of idiosyncrasy all it's own...

I seem to be two steps forward, 1 back with this model. A final gloss coat caused the upper wind decals to crackle ( Xtradecal replacements not Airfix decals I should add). I think I applied the coat too wet and the solvent had a good old munch.

So 3 days later - I've polished it out and its liveable with. With luck Im on finals now, and have started assembling the other two- whose Marmaduke Press schemes will be revealed shortly

Cheers

Jonners

• Like 2

Cheers chaps! and a big sorry - I've been so busy finalising the decal choices for the new sheets with my partner in crime, that I've neglected the model. Hope to have her finished and RFI this weekend though.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Jonners

• Like 2

Well - I think I might have finished it. A few things to not on finals: Airfix's top fuselage aerial fit seems to be a later blade type. For 1950s service Meteors you need a pole type aerial where the blade one goes, plus a whip aerial further forward.

Make sure you keep the recesses in the main inner UC doors clean of paint, and scrape down the retraction jack plugs that locate into them too.

A full points list will follow, but for now......

P1060999_zpsgn2ur5gv.jpg

Full RFI to follow tomorrow.

Cheers for looking, hope it's helped a bit, and sorry it petered out at the end. I blame peter.

Jonners

• Like 19

That does look good. Thanks for confirming my suspicions about the aerial fit, especially as I haven't yet installed mine! Also thanks for the warning about the main wheel doors and linkages before I got round to finding out the hard way.

Having nearly finished my first, I would say you have quite a task building two more consecutive models Jonners.

I think I may leave the next one until about August time, lol

Best of British though, looking forward to the progress especially decal application :popcorn:

Atb, Steve.

One thing I've discovered with model No3 is that I think if you add the trailing edge wing karman fairings to the wings rather than the fuselage, the wing to fuselage gap is greatly reduced if not eliminated. There's a little bit of filling to do where the fairing attaches to the fuselage but not too much.

I thinking retrospect I'd do this with the other two models as it seems a better way.

HTH

Jonners

• Like 1