As requested, here are some more of my scratchbuilds

from the maschinen kreiger universe.

An earlier build of mine, sternail, can be found on here

by using the search box at the top of the page.

Oddly, the ma.k universe has two ships called sternail.

The first here was inspired by the LUM Camel.

DSCN0413_zpsiaaq536j.jpg

The body was built from the caps of three deodorant cans. The cockpit is a pencil sharpener. Legs are

a balsa and plasticard sandwich. The feet came out of old hardrives. Everything else is from bits boxes.

DSCN0414_zpso2ils11j.jpg

DSCN0415_zpsrywyaq4h.jpg

DSCN0416_zpsvnuvsyzd.jpg

Next up, this one was inspired by the Heinkel UHU (ish)

DSCN0418_zpsj9pghqre.jpg

Again the cockpit is a pencil sharpener while the main fuselage was a 1/20th F1 car. The swiveling rocket

motor here on the side was another type of pencil sharpener and the radome on the spine was a make up

compact. Other parts are from the spares boxes.

DSCN0417_zpsnjaajedj.jpg

DSCN0419_zpstfhmalzf.jpg

Pencil sharpeners? Here they are in their natural state. About 30p each, bulk bought in Riyadh.

fe1585a8-e7a6-4ef9-a731-7c11f02e0997_zps

Nest one is based on a cheapo Russian helicopter kit bought decades ago along with part of a missile

for the tail, I added drop tanks and the green bits are ex Nimrod sonar buoys.

DSCN0421_zpspdt7z0ns.jpg

DSCN0422_zps8m72jpnd.jpg

And then we come to the Jaeger Sau (fighting pig).

Based on a Hasegawa submersible model which I turned upside down. The ring of fuel calls around the

back was a child's bracelet I found in the street. There is a long probe on the RH side. That was a Smirnoff

swizel stick but is now a linear accelerator with an ammo feed at the rear. If you look closely you'll see

the carb setup from a Kubelwagen on it. More Nimrod sonar buoys are fitted too. The two sensors on the

front are mounted on B-17 ball turret swivels. The black 'aerial' was a rotor blade.

DSCN0423_zps4wtovv0t.jpg

DSCN0424_zpseis7nfyo.jpg

DSCN0425_zpspkluyl4v.jpg

In a secret location in Lincolnshire....

DSCN0428_zps7nv98c66.jpg

Finally, this may not be very clear as yet but is the latest WIP.

This will be another walker and is based on a SMER 1.48th Swordfish. Plus yet more bits box bits.

DSCN0426_zpsbhwawaog.jpg

DSCN0427_zpsnyil5x4y.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this lot and thanks for looking.

Regards

Pete

• Like 11

I find the Kreiger concept fascinating. I've been having a look at some of Hasegawa's offerings as I feel as though I lack the creative talent (and spares) to pull off a build of the type you've shared with us. Well done on those, they're all unique. Where does one go to find out more about the original inspiration for the Kreiger concept? I appreciate I can Google the topic but if you are aware of a reference source that is particularly good, I'd be pleased to hear about it.

I knew there was a spacecraft hiding in the Shinkai! I love the ring of tanks, your ability to find shapes in weird stuff is most impressive.

Will

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind words, Guys.

Rob, try this link to wiki first off https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjU_c2qy9bLAhUC0xoKHQn0AbAQFgglMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FMaschinen_Krieger_ZbV_3000&usg=AFQjCNHYv6LLrLnKZE1lHcqTSF1uaPa-LA&bvm=bv.117218890,d.bGg

There are kreiger modeling sites too and you may get more out of starshipmodeler.com chose genres then mecha on the first page.

I know my painting skills are nowhere near as good as some on here, but I

just plod on and hope they improve as I pick up tips from others.

Incidentally, the models above all use 1/48th WW2 pilot figures as crew.

Most of the official kits are to 1/20th and the old Nitto ones were usually 1/35th.

I find that 1/48th keeps the overall size down while still giving more detail than

1/72nd, and, I have a small supply of WW2 figures anyway! (donations welcome).

As for seeing potential in various pieces of plastic, I think I just picked it up.

There are build articles for the original kreiger models on line. I read some of those,

it looked easy, and it just sort of snowballed from there. I'm always on the lookout

for odd shapes and have some stuff squireled away for future builds.

Even when I'm not modeling I kind of mull over in my head what I want to achieve.

I'm not too sure if I could go back to building 'by the book' now.

Even if I wanted too!

Thanks again

Pete

• Like 1

Cool ideas and scratch building! I think the Fighting Pig is my fav! I can imagine that underwater exploring distant moons or hovering blowing up aliens or a spaceship, it could be anything anywhere!

• Like 1