1:72 Italeri AC-47

just finished my latest build being the old italeri 1:72 Ac-47... build was pretty much straight forward though the kit is showing its age , only modifications were I used the minigun barrels from quickboost, and I replaced the kit whip antenna with a home made one and added the other two as the kit instructions only illustrate one where most pics I saw they had 3....

for the paint I used the Ak Vietnam paint set which went down great, for the patches on the cam I used the same shade but from valejeo and mr hobby, strange how the shade differs but think works great. I then tried to add a flow look by using a watercolour pencil, but didn't want do to much being first time. I also put some staining be the rear guns as saw many photos where there was a build up of carbon staining, just adds that bit more interest I thought!!!!

hope you like I feel got the worn look I was after..

P1110669.jpg

P1110670.jpg

P1110671.jpg

P1110672.jpg

P1110673.jpg

P1110674.jpg

P1110676.jpg

my c-47 family......so far!!!!!!!

P1110677.jpg

P1110678.jpg

P1110669.jpg

• Like 32

Very nice gunship and goes well with the collection I was lucky enough to have a flight on a Dak a few years ago, lovely aircraft.

Guy

That looks really good - a nice worn effect to the paintwork. I would remove the star and bar from the starboard wing though.

I did think that as well but a few early ones seemed be like that, as with the grey underside which later changed to black...

Beautiful job on the model and finish.

I had the pleasure of seeing an AC-47 a couple of years ago. Such an interesting aircraft and a colorful history to go along with it.

Superb Dakota, I really like the final finish of the paint.

I have this kit in the stash myself, WWII version. It's also the one that's

been in the stash the longest, I really should get around to building it,

Sean

Beautiful model! And c-47 family is outstanding! Sorry for my ignorance, but shouldn't be "puff the magic dragon" im NMF and white not in SAC?

not 100% but just went with kit decals and some old pics found in few books and o the net..

Are those the old ESCI ones?

They look great...built a bunch of them as a kid.

the other 2 are the esci one I had a few so put them to use lol....