Airfix new tool Seaking HAR.3 - Sprue pics added 24/3

eng

Whether there're to be early 'proper' versions or not this is going to be brought into the fold of my welcoming family as soon as I see it in my LMS

Let's be honest it is streets ahead of the old 'in and I've recently begun buying LMS only, to help keep them going

Only use Hannants now for 'unusual' poipoises, decals or yeeech!- etch

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Picking up on the query regarding the 'FLIR' in posts 17 - 20 of this topic.

i had an email chat with Roger of Whirlybird and the 'FLIR' is indeed currently part

of set 'WBA72134 Royal Navy Sea King HU.5 - 771 Sqn. - 60 Years of RN SAR',

together with the associated downlink antenna and a set of replacement sponsons

for the Revell Sea King.

Without wanting to 'steal any of his thunder', he did state that with the arrival of the

new Airfix Sea King, he is seriously considering marketing the 'FLIR' as a separate

item at a future date.

Cheers all

Rob

• Like 4

Hi Rob,

Very many thanks for the update - a separate offering of the FLIR would be appreciated. My recollection of the unit and mount suggests that the shapes of the head in particular would not be easily replicated, at least at this modeller's workbench.

regards,

Andrew.

• 2 months later...

I am in the process of building the mk3 and would like the flir but looking at it I am sure that it wouldn't be too much work to scratch one up.

Pity that the only way to get one is the starter pack.

Putting the 5 blade tail in tells us this is not the end of the releases with an early one or a foreign service one planned

Rodders

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd bump this thread as 'Whirlybird' have announced the FLIR as a separate item will be released at SMW 2016.

WBA72149      1/72   Seaking FLIR turret and downlink antenna

Cheers

Rob

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, Rob - that's good to know. Forgive the impertinence, but you don't happen to be going to SMW this year do you? It's a bit of a drive (~17,000 km) for me, so I won't be attending...

cheers,

Andrew.

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

Thanks for the update, Rob - that's good to know. Forgive the impertinence, but you don't happen to be going to SMW this year do you? It's a bit of a drive (~17,000 km) for me, so I won't be attending...

cheers,

Andrew.

Hi,  Not attending SMW, haven't done since it moved to Telford over 20 years ago, you'll have to take ' Dave @ Whirlybird' up on his offer.

Rob