Frog (Revell rebox) 1/72 Bristol Blenheim - Finnish, on skis

Hello All,

Here's my Revell re-box of the Frog Bristol Blenheim, lightly converted to have retractable skis:

Frog_Blenheim_front_right_zpseu2qw6df.jp

Frog_Blenheim_rear_right_zpsj8pvfxnc.jpg

Frog_Blenheim_rear_left_zpsacgntd57.jpg

Frog_Blenheim_front_left_zpsgidl5ads.jpg

Sorry for the wierd "daylight vs electric" lighting effect, but I just couldn't get a decent shot yesterday. Work in progress thread is here.

I was inspired to do this example by the picture shown here.

Here's my reproduction of the shot:

Frog_Blenheim_pic_copy1_resized_zps996g1

Frog_Blenheim_pic_copy1_resized_effect_b

So I need to source some spinners (I think the Revell re-box of the MPM Wellington II may provide these) and build a trailing aerial dispenser. Since the photo was taken I have rigged the top aerial - I'm now wondering if the trailing aerial superseded the wiring on the top one.

I've had a blast doing this model. I detailed the cockpit, replaced the turret glazing with the Falcon one, added oil coolers and detailed the undercarriage/skis, but other than that it builds well from the box and looks very good alongside the new Airfix one. The main difference to my eyes is that the Airfix nose is much wider. I will post a comparison picture when I take one.

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

Edited by AdrianMF
  • Like 30

Hi Adrian,

this Mk I looks very good indeed!!!

Are the skis included in the Revell re-box? I have the old Frog kit, but I cannot remember this detail. I have the vacu canopies though, so it shall be built before I get too old!

Congrats on a beautiful build!

JR

• Like 1

That's a terrific looking Blenheim with a great finish. Having built this kit a number of years ago I agree that it holds up pretty well considering its age.

• Like 1

Hi Adrian,

This looks stunning! Well done. I'm currently having fun with a Frog Beaufighter XXI. They really are great fun kits and you take them to another level. Fantastic! :)

• Like 1

Hi Adrian,

This looks stunning! Well done. I'm currently having fun with a Frog Beaufighter XXI. They really are great fun kits and you take them to another level. Fantastic! :)

Good luck! The engine nacelles on the Frog Beaufighter are quite strange, if I remember rightly?

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

Thanks Adrian.

You're right, they are very strange shapes indeed. In respect to these dustbin shaped offerings I was very fortunate with this kit;

Upon getting home and opening the old kit box, I found a pair of quite old resin replacements inside, along with replacement wheels (Tasman brand) and hedgehog exhausts. The previous owner obviously had a cunning plan! ;)

My wife bought this kit for me from a Salvation Army store for just AUD $10. Thus; she is happy I haven't had to re-mortgage the house to buy the Hasegawa kit, I'm happy and the Salvos are going to do some good with the proceeds. First time ever my wife has regularly asked me for updates on a build! :)

Your build clearly shows how they're not obsolete kits, they're just the ticket sometimes.

All the best and once again, cracking model it just looks 'right', the whole beastie captures the look of the real thing very well.

Tony

• Like 1