Fiesler Fi156 Storch.....Spanish Civil War...

Artie

Hi all......today, a very good friend gave me an old Esci 1/48 scale Fiesler Storch....though a fairly basic kit, I find it very interesting in terms of surface representation. Fabric effect is quite subtle to my eyes, and despite a tricky undercarriage assembly and greenhose area, I think it can be built into a nice model, of course after some modifications. And wich one should I build...?????? Not my options for me, given the fact I don't fancy a Luftwaffe example, so Spanish one can fit the part.....

The first six aircraft transferred to Spain were early Fi 156A types and were operated by the Legion Condor. They were called "Cisnes" (Swan) here in Spain.

Fi156Spainnr46-1salfotoFi156CondorL.jpg

Fi156Spainnr46-1svl46-2fotoFotoFlug.jpg

Fi156Spainnr46-1svlfotoAeronetnr46-.jpg

Fi156Spainnr46-1svlfotoAeronetnr46-.jpg

Fi156Spainnr46-1profileLaureau-Cond.jpg

Fi156Spainnr46-4svlprofileFieselerF.jpg

Fi156Spainnr46-5profileLaureau-Cond.jpg

Fi156SpainnrL16-9profileProfilepubl.jpg

Fi156SpainnrL16--salopluchtvaartsho.jpg

• Like 1

Hola Artie,

Great idea! I love Spanish aviation and would very much like to see you build a Storch, especially one of the earliest 'A' series.

Thank you for posting the photographs, I haven't seen them before (46 o 1 I have never seen...).

I wonder if I am seeing things: In the second photograph do the Cisnes have spats on their wheels?

Will you be doing a WIP?

All best regards and saludo from Australia

Tony

• Like 1

As Joachim said, the "spats" you see are nothing but rags used to protect the tires from the sun.......not a very orthodox way, but here in Spain things can be somehow handicraft.......

I'm not really planning to do any superdetailing or correcting, except for the wrong, flat shaped belly...just thinking how to reproduce the strange shape on the real planes....and maybe some cockpit detailing with lead foil, copper wire, evergreen and so.....

• Like 1

Looks like an interesting project.

The Esci kit goes back to the early eighties, but was well reviewed at the time apart from lack of engine detail and overly crude stitching.

I love reconnaissance STOL types like the Storch , the Auster and the Piper Grasshopper.

This early Fi156 are of 'A" type, the kit is of "C" type. What are the differencies to convert?

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Well, basically the flat greenhouse roof, with no machine gun, and different exhaust layout......otherwise, the same planes, apart from different engine, but nothing that will keep you from building her..........

• Like 1