IBG Models 1/72 AFV news - Hungarian Turan I and Zrinyi II Available in the end of May

Botan

I don't think there is need to make a separate thread for each new plastic model in 1/72, because it is not that popular like aircraft, so I will run one thread to aforementioned company.

First of all, catalogue for 2016: http://www.ibgmodels.com/2016_IBG_cat.pdf

New models for 2016.

Otter Light Reconnaissance Car
Chevrolet C60S with Holmes breakdown
Stridsvagn m/38 Swedish light tank

Stridsvagn m/39 Swedish light tank
Stridsvagn m/40 K Swedish light tank
Stridsvagn m/40 L Swedish light tank
TYPE89 Japanese Tank, Early
TYPE89 Japanese Tank, Mid-production
TYPE89 Japanese Tank, Hybrid-production
TYPE89 Japanese Tank, Late
TYPE89 Japanese Tank, Diesel

KTO Rosomal should be released in 2017 - confirmed in Facebook comment: https://www.facebook.com/ibgmodels/posts/925698510885127?comment_id=925742320880746&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22R%22}

xxxx: 1/72 please......

14955_712792685509045_356805127191808741
IBG Models: Next year!

Edited by Botan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Boxarts for Stridsvagn m/40 K and Stridsvagn m/40 L Swedish light tank were published on facebook, although m/40 K was earlier on their site.

Stridsvagn m/40 K Swedish light tank
Stridsvagn m/40 L Swedish light tank
- tank on boxart have Dominican camouflage. Twenty of those tanks were delivered to Dominican Republic, some of them were destroyed by American tanks in 1965.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From Facebook, some answers from company.

First Type 89s should be ready in Autumn this year.

And more interesting one.

Q: What about some AA variants like the Lvkv fm/43, "Anti" and "Nimrod"?

A: They are planned, but we're not ready to give any sort of release date yet

• 1 month later...

Incoming in 1/72, posted on facebook.

We would like to present you IBG Models upcoming news for September! Three new kits available in the end of Sep. 2016:

1/35 KTO Rosomak - Polish APC with the OSS-M turret

1/35 Chevrolet C30A General service (steel body)

1/72 TYPE 89 Japanese Medium tank KOU - Gasoline Late - production

More details about each kit will be revealed soon!

Link to boxart

Other news, taken from comments

Otter and wrecker are scheduled on November, Otter was supposed to come earlier, but had delay.

New boxarts for November releases

From Facebook:

We would like to present 2 brand new boxarts! 1/72 Otter and Chevrolet C60S with Holmes Breakdown will be come out as a part of November release wave, more details coming soon

72031 Otter Light Reconnaissance Car

72032 Chevrolet C60S with Holmes breakdown

• Like 1

Any news on the rumoured Turan & Zrinyi at all.....Those are the ones I really want. :pray:

A Nimrod would be great too and I'll certainly pick up a couple of Otters.....Not so sure about the Type-89s, it's something I want, but all my other Japanese stuff is 1/76 (my own silly fault for investing in dead-end scales). :rolleyes:

Any news on the rumoured Turan & Zrinyi at all.....Those are the ones I really want. :pray:

A Nimrod would be great too and I'll certainly pick up a couple of Otters.....Not so sure about the Type-89s, it's something I want, but all my other Japanese stuff is 1/76 (my own silly fault for investing in dead-end scales). :rolleyes:

I think we can't expect any new announcements until end of the year. Personally I'm getting one Otter, Toro Model have already made decals for Polish vehicles. I will wait with Type 89 for Navy grey one, but I hope IBG will add some captured Chinese scheme for more variety. Apparently French used them in Indochina too.

At least IBG is developing nicely, not like Mirage Hobby, seriously their last completely new model was Armoured Car "Kubuś", it is probably from metal moulds, but have quality of some short-runs...

Edited by Botan

Mirage are an odd bunch aren't they.....Their quality control is bloody awful, opening each kit can be a bit of a lottery. :confused:

I've got around two dozen IBG kits, but I haven't started any of them yet.....I'm going to make at least one attempt at building one of their Carriers OOTB, I consider the L&L in those kits to be one of the 'ultimate challenges' of Braille modelling. :mental:

• Like 1

I've got around two dozen IBG kits, but I haven't started any of them yet.....I'm going to make at least one attempt at building one of their Carriers OOTB, I consider the L&L in those kits to be one of the 'ultimate challenges' of Braille modelling. :mental:

And it must have hurt sales. I'd have bought loads of them, as I love carriers. But the ridiculous L&L tracks means I haven't bothered with one. If only they'd copied the Airfix Cromwell in that regard.

• Like 1

I have never looked closely at tracks in Carrier models, but now I'm kind of tempted. Anyway, RPM FT-17 suspension was a crazy thing for me :fool:

Some small update about Otter from Facebook: They will try to include Polish scheme for Otter, but they are not 100% sure if that happens.

Anyway, I appreciate, that they are interactive on Facebook, and sometimes give essential responses to individual questions.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting.....IIRC that's the first time we've seen etch on an IBG kit, looks like they've chosen to use it sensibly too. :thumbsup:

Earlier released Stridsvagn m/40 have them too.

4 new kits in December, a new bits informations about details are being posted.

72031 - Otter Light Reconnaissance Car (decals and parts are shown, plus renderings with PE parts on FB, and inbox review on KFS-miniatures on FB)

72032  - Chevrolet C60S with Holmes breakdown
72034 - Stridsvagn m/39 Swedish light tank (renderings with PE parts  on FB)
72037 - TYPE89 Japanese Medium tank KOU - Gasoline, Early Production (2 figures included!) (renderings with PE parts on FB)

I see Otter have Polish and Canadian decals.

Edited by Botan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

News from Toy Fair Nuremberg 2017 (thanks Homebee for link)

Hungarian Zrínyi and Turán, (I'm not sure if this is 1/72): picture 1, 2 and 3.

Also I'm guessing those are a Japanese Type 94 tankettes, with trailers: picture 1 and picture 2.

Edited by Botan
  • Like 1

It's official now:

IBG Models brand new 1/72 announcements, Hungarian tanks Turan and Zrynyi! (5 photos in link)

27041736925158997089.jpg

77458486874945801225.jpg

IBG have posted on facebook boxarts for their to be released Type 89 and for four new Type 94 Japanese Tankettes.

72043 Type 94 Japanese tankette

72044 Type 94 Japanese tankette late production with towed idler wheel

72045 Type 94 Japanese tankette with trailers

72046 Type 94 Japanese tankette with 37mm gun

Edited by Botan
  • Like 1

On 4.02.2017 at 7:34 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

It sure ain't those tiny tankettes I'm all excited about.....A Zrinyi, of my very own!  :D

I'm happy too, anyway, you will get 3 different variants of Zrinyi :penguin:

Full lists of IBG novelties have been posted: link

IBG72047 40M Turan I Hungarian Medium Tank

IBG72048 41M Turan II Hungarian Medium Tank

IBG72049 41M Turan III Hungarian Medium Tank

IBG72053 Chevrolet C15TA

IBG72054 Chevrolet C30A General Service

IBG72043 Type 94 Japanese Tankette

IBG72044 Type 94 Japanese Tankette late production

IBG72046 Type 94 Japanese Tankette with 37mm gun

IBG72045 Type 94 Japanese Tankette with trailers

IBG72050 Zrinyj I Hungarian Assault gun

IBG72051 Zrinyj II Hungarian Assault gun

IBG72052 Zrinyj II Hungarian Assault gun with sideskirts

Edited by Botan

• 3 weeks later...

According to IBG comment on Facebook, they will make a Sexton in 1/72 scale in future.