Hello Chaps,

It's been a long haul build- 8 weeks in total, but that is because my wife and I are actively involved with contractors working on our new home that we will be moving to in mid-April....sorting out kitchen design, wood flooring, carpeting, tiles for kitchen and bathrooms, shower designs, paint colors for every room, new faucets for all sinks, choosing granite countertops and sinks for kitchen and bathrooms, new light fixtures and door handles etc etc....I hope this is the last time we have to move now, moving is a stressful and tiring event!

Anyway, enough of the waffle and lets get on with sharing photos of my completed build, which is built straight from the box, no after market additions, only using 1.010" fine black EZ-Line for the antenna cables. I hope you like....

IMG_5241_zpsp4glttnw.jpg

IMG_5420_zpsgcwwbr0o.jpg

IMG_5421_zpsviyhojs2.jpg

IMG_5511_zpsgakdkjv4.jpg

IMG_6287_zps8qhkqksu.jpg

IMG_6292_zps7pyvpyra.jpg

IMG_6293_zpssuxk0s4m.jpg

IMG_6298_zpsdifsskjo.jpg

IMG_6303_zpsjnlzdxnw.jpg

IMG_6320_zpsbqlp7tzy.jpg

IMG_6326_zpsx4sdpzxh.jpg

IMG_6327_zpsvjpckymx.jpg

IMG_5973_zpslasgqis8.jpg

IMG_6025_zps1pyudhs5.jpg

IMG_6247_zpsjye2rnpq.jpg

IMG_6251_zpsfh32mlcr.jpg

IMG_6297_zpscg6jvfre.jpg

IMG_6294_zpsekcijlab.jpg

IMG_6280_zpsem3clptj.jpg

IMG_6299_zpskj8eqwq5.jpg

IMG_6304_zpsyuvt56m0.jpg

IMG_5969_zpsw6ltchqj.jpg

IMG_5967_zps4bjigwxd.jpg

IMG_6288_zpsp00gvcjq.jpg

IMG_6324_zpsqiq40hhw.jpg

IMG_6322_zpsjakswaao.jpg

IMG_6319_zpsq2r8wsjl.jpg

IMG_6314_zpstf1wno2j.jpg

IMG_5924_zps1wnjaxef.jpg

IMG_6307_zpsnu6deuxi.jpg

IMG_6302_zpsemcnvmzc.jpg

IMG_6328_zpssuungggh.jpg

IMG_6329_zps2cyk6ijc.jpg

Regarding what I think of this kit: It's a great kit that goes together well, has some nice features such as a highly detailed cockpit, pose-able ailerons, flaps, elevators, rudder and air-brakes, recessed panel lines and other surface detail. The parts were all molded very well, with minimal flash and/or parting line miss-match that required clean up before painting.

It offers two sets of markings, I chose to do this version that was active in the "Battle of Britain", and the decals are excellent- they go down very well on a gloss clear coat with no silvering, and once the finishing matt clear coat was applied, they look painted on.

I did come across two issues during the build:

1) When fitting the engine nacelles to the undersides of the wings, I had a considerable gap between the mating areas of the front and rear nacelles. This is discussed in my "Final Reveal" video and can be seen in my "WIP" thread....links below:

2) When fitting the wheels onto their axles, both axles sheared off very easily and remained inside the wheel mating holes. I drilled these out of the wheels and drilled corresponding holes into the wheel struts and fitted steel pins. I then took a black rubber Tamiya propeller bushing and cut it down the middle to create two thinner bushings. I slid these over the new steel axles and super glued them into place. These then provided some surface area for the wheel hubs to glue to. Again, I used CA glue to fit the wheels in place and it worked a treat, providing me with a very rigid and stronger undercarriage.

WIP thread link: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234996419-revell-pro-modeler-132-junkers-ju-88a-1-bomber-build-update-5-31516/

My YouTube "Final Reveal" video link:

This kit would be superb if it came with two completely detailed Jumo 211B-1 engines, external bomb pylons and bombs and an open bomb bay with internal bomb racks and bombs!! That would make it super eye candy and a fabulous kit to work on.....I can dream! :)

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this RFI and for any comments left, they are greatly appreciated!

In the meantime, and until the start of my next build which won't be until we have moved and settled into our new home-probably the end of April, happy modeling and have fun! :)

Cheers :drink:

Martin

Edited by UKguyInUSA
  • Like 51

That's a cracking 88 great work Martin :goodjob::goodjob:

I am to looking forward to the next build and all the best in your move.

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 1

A stunner!

I've got to finish mine, and yours has inspired me to get it done!

Thanks HL, much appreciated! Have fun finishing yours! :):thumbsup2:

Cheers,

Martin

What a beauty!

Cheers

John

Thanks John, greatly appreciated! :):thumbsup2:

Cheers,

Martin

Hello,Martin - Yes,I'll raise a glass with you on this one!! Magnificent work and a magnificent model of the 'Ju-88'. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Thanks Paul, greatly appreciated! :):thumbsup2:

Cheers :drink:

Martin

Faultless paint job and overall presentation Martin.

I love it!

Gary

Thanks Gary, greatly appreciated! :):thumbsup2:

Cheers,

Martin

• Like 1

stunning work and a fantastic job on the scheme and finish... really enjoyed following this one and superb end product.. very nice work

Thanks for your very kind compliment, Batcode, much appreciated! Cheers :):drink: