1/144 - Armstrong Whitworth AW.660 Argosy by MikroMir - Srs 100/200 & RAF C.1/T.2 released

Homebee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IIRC the main undercarriage/doors differed between the civil and military marks. I noticed this when I built the Welsh Models kit and looked at a walk around of a commercial aircraft. Obviously on addition to the clam shell doors.

Anyway I'd be very tempted to do the natural metal finished prototype that appeared at Farnborough

Anyway

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For 1/144 cars/trucks look to the model railway fraternity, among the N gauge stuff.  Although they may be to 1/148 or 1/152 rather than pure 1/144, this is unlikely to matter.  Oxford has some diecasts, but a bit of browsing should find other names.  Check Hattons for their listings.

• Like 1

British N Gauge for model railways is 1/148th so close enough. In fact I used one of Oxford Diecast's Landrovers in the back of my Beverley. Mind you it plays havoc with the C of G. Looking forward to one of these to go with it.

3 hours ago, Radleigh said:

Could do a great little diorama of it being unloaded/loaded... Who does 1/144th cars?! Looks great I may add...

It would make a great 'forced perspective' diorama - with your Mach 2 1/72 scale version.......

Mach2 in the front - Mikro-Mir behind - looking like they are lined up - but yards away.

Just a thought......

Ken