Big As MAZ - DONE

RichO

Hey All,

More to report.  I finally got the cab exterior detailed and the cab back from the paint shop.  It all looks as sloppy as the rest of the pain job.  So everything's great.

After I got the cab finished, I started with the corner lights, and then the grab handles and the tie downs...

corner lights...

pnRIV023j

grab handles...

pnyT6QgBj

tie downs...

poX9gOLpj

back from the paint shop...

poKRmX1mj

The color match looks good...

pnJHIFe0j

I'll be back with more cab details,(windows, lights, etc...)

Thanx All............

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Those handles are awsome rich, continues to amaze

Glynn 

There are aren't they? I still keep rubbing my eyes to remind myself what I'm looking at with this, it's remarkable.

Rich, I've just noticed the remains of what looks like a red star under the rust on the front of the cab. That's another really nice touch of detail.

Edited by Timmas
  • Like 2

Hey Guys,

I was thinking that this vehicle was scraped from a Russian junkyard, and repainted for civilian use.  I just couldn't have a Russian truck without some sort of remnants from the cold days.  Thanks Timmas, and Glynn.

pozL9OSKj

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

It's been awhile since my last report.  I ran into a bit of a nightmare with installing the windows and had a heck of a time trying to get things under control.

I shot myself in the foot so bad, I had thoughts of abandoning this build!  The windows should have been installed while I was building the cab interior and installed before I attached the outside skin, before the roof went on.

I had an easy enough time with installing the window seals, but when it came time to installing the glass, I just about through the whole thing in the trash.  

What happened... I just had no room to install the glass. You know the drill. One broken item leads to another and another and another...

A week and a half later, and I have managed to get the glass installed, but just.  I'm afraid that if I breath on this thing to hard it will fall apart.  The rest of the interior has been put back together.  

But Wait....that's not all. After all that, now the doors don't fit so well anymore. More to work on.

However, at least the photos look like I had a good time.

I used some clear plastic from some pastry container for the glass...

png1BF57j

pmesHjI1j

I tried to get a shot with a good reflexsion...

pmjFNKQUj

pm7et7OYj

I really want to put a nice dirty mess on the windows,  I just don't want them to fall out again.  I'll work on it.

Getting ready to close up the front of the frame,  last looks...

pnwCX86Qj

poCEfa6nj

The new cab get bolted down for good in the morning...

poYH1BfLj

poPNbSFRj

pmAmi9EVj

I have plenty more to do, be back later..........

• Like 6

Good save on the Windows Rich, I know what you going though with doing scratch builds, man that is one good looking beast :like:  :thumbsup:

Regards

Richard

• Haha 1

Be a while cos I still can't see your pics on either laptop.

Been good to catch up, glad you managed to get the glass in. We've all been there with the good old foot assassination. .....

Without wishing to cause offence it's good to see its still a pile of junk ;)

As to the doors not fitting i don't imagine the original fit was that good

Kev

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks fab Rich.

On the windscreens, how about doing some dirty, dusty glass with a couple of wiper blade arcs across the pair of them? It's just a thought ... and should be dead easy for a man of your talents!

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

You all are great with the comments! Thanks.

Just a quick report for today.  I have bolted down the cab permanently to the frame.

pm4PkptXj

pnRr5unTj

pmv8BrIrj

Now all I have left to build is, all the little stuff around the edges, that I would have knocked off and broken during handling.  Mirrors, running lights, antennas...ect. and all the small accoutrements that go with a big truck.

Be back in a bit.............

• Like 6

Hey Guys,

Another quick report before things get real busy again with this build.

The side mirrors...

poM9HkfJj

pmFdqbxGj

Temp mounted to the cab...

pnhieHfQj

I still have to apply the mirror side here, but I think I'll make the mirrors missing or broken...later on that.

The only other thing to report on is that I'm starting to mess around with the final display for RFI...

pmvcofrpj

I'm starting the small Dio base for this at the same time I'm adding the fragile stuff.

Be back later all............

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

So I suppose that everyone is wondering what the heck has happened with this build.

After two years of build time, I ran out of all  my building materials at the same time, with just a week left to build.  I have ordered enough new supplies to finish this build and enough for the next scratch project,  and all the material to finish the small DIO for this build.

That was three week ago and I still don't have my order.  I did U.S. Mail tracking and my order has been stuck in the same post office for over a week now.  I just can't do anything until my supplies arrive.

So off to the DIO for now.  I'll be back when my supplies arrive.

Thanks All,   Rich

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I can't miss the epic finish Rich so will be here to the end, very nice side mirrors also just noticed the chain on the front hook, brilliant :worthy::worthy:

So what is next :hmmm:

Regards

Richard

Hey All,

So I checked and rechecked with the post.  It seams that this particular item with my supplies and dio setting, was either lost or sent back to the sender. No items exist.

After waiting all this time for supplies that are not going to show, anytime soon,  I think I will call this build done and close this thread.  I will let everyone know with a posting that the build is in "RFI" so all can see this in it's small Dio setting.

If anything exciting happens befor then, everyone will know.

I Thank All who stopped by to look, and I will see everyone in the "RFI" section in a bit.

Thanks All.

• Like 2

Hey All,

Guess what?  As soon as I posted I'm closing this thread,  I get my supplies in the post.  I'll be back shortly.  Hang in there all.  Thanks

• Haha 2

Thanks Kirk!

Alright Bar, I have no idea what that means, but I had a good laugh just imagining what it might mean!