Big As MAZ - DONE

RichO

As Hewy says, those seems shouldn’t be an issue - I’ve seen bigger in Italeri truck kits! And a bit of putty should sort out shapes at the bottoms of the A-pillars?

Thst said, it is a bit refreshing for us mere mortals to know that even you sometimes make parts that don’t fit perfectly!!

• Like 1

Thanks All, You guys are great!

Welcome back Timmas.

Hey Everyone,

The construction of the cab interior progresses.  I have built the interior door panels and installed the windscreen frame, along with some small items that needed tidying up.

Once I got the windscreen installed and the gaps closed up, things were, not as stressful.  The bent and crooked cab walls are straightening up a bit and all looks to be a bit more encouraging.

pmtc77qCj

Looks to be a good time to putty the seams and corners.

Time to build some doors.

po1aQRPCj

You can see, this is just sheet styrene.  The handles are rod, and the, O.S.! handle, is bent tin solder.

Fresh back from the paint shop...

pnNTgf5qj

The photo seams to show much more red that green here.

po19aDfLj

pmmcgOyCj

Then the install of the Windscreen...

pmtc77qCj

I also had to install the interior corner posts...always test fitting...

pmAkU4ldj

Fresh painted interior corner posts...installed.

pmVkThKyj

The cab to date...

pm1hIYWpj

pmijtlpaj

pn6iKmm7j

More situations to arise, ensue, and overcome, I'm sure.  I'll be back later...Thanks All!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, RichO said:

Hey Pete, I already live in Washington.  Just not the one that causes all the problems.

Hey I work in Washington Tyne and Wear and it does have some problems but the Makems are not that bad really. :footy:

Great work as usual there Richard 

beefy 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Hey I work in Washington Tyne and Wear and it does have some problems but the Makems are not that bad really. :footy:

Great work as usual there Richard 

beefy 

I used to live in Rickleton and I'm a Makem and I stayed in the W hotel opposite the Whitehouse the other week, so beat that!!  

• Like 2

Thanks you silly guys!

I have finished with building the interior roof.  I had a couple of fun items to build, and then close up the cab.

The first thing was to putty up the cab gaps and get it all ready for sanding.

pm0953NGj

Once the putty has dried, the sanding starts...

pouQ0Kgwj

I'm not going to finish this so clean.  The nature of the wrinkles and scabs will add to Betty's used look under the paint.

pmdLw0LPj

Looks like the cab is going to fit nicely.

The building of the interior roof was simple enough.  I had some details to add here.  It all starts with a flat sheet...

pnEZVuXYj

The making of the sun screens...

pmOB3Cegj

pnsoaonCj

pn7MeRvgj

The roof is not secured in this photo, but you can see how the sun screen looks.

pnqc2cOIj

I'm starting to consider the exterior paint job.  A few more exterior details, and it's off to the paint shop. It seems I see a light ahead and I'm now starting with the finishing faze of this build.

Once I get the roof installed and closed up, it will be a race to the finish line.  Until then I still have a bunch of small details to add.

Be back later All...........

• Like 7

There's not a lot left to say about this Rich, she's going to be a stunner once finished. But there's the real problem; personally I'd rather you never finish it as I can't imagine what my mornings will be like without an update on this. I feel like an addict. I'm hooked.

• Like 2

I have a couple of projects to build on right after this project is finished.  1) I have to go back and finish my build in the Dio section.  2) The next scratch project for this armor section will be a,  9p113 Luna-M.  I can't wait to get started.  I'm hooked.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RichO said:

9p113 Luna-M

I had to Google that!

To save others doing so, it's a Frog 7 missile system (four axle carrier vehicle & rail launched missile)

Not the prettiest vehicle in the world, but, with Rich building it, another one well worth watching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are correct Pete,...not the prettiest girl at the dance by a long way, but the homely ones give the best rides.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hey Guys,

The last photos of the interior.  I'll be closing the roof in the morning.

pm1G8bA5j

poBzZckMj

pmomevxlj

pomFx63jj

I'll put the roof on tomorrow, and then start the surface details.

Thanks, Rich

• Like 3

Hey All,

A couple of hours work, and the roof is on.

pmC5oWuxj

The first sanding finished...

pogl67nZj

Alright Boys,  I have reached the biggest milestone to date.

The MAZ truck is now finished!  I have finely completed all of the major builds to complete this project.

Of course I still have to finish all the little details and paint various items, but all are not the vehicle itself.  just all the extraneous items to clean this up, and all is done. About another month of work left to do.

poHOgSuxj

pmEy3GwZj

pnj17jF5j

I have a ton of clean up on the cab before I send it to the paint shop.  I'll be back after the paint job.

Thanks for watching All........

• Like 6

That's a great question Timmas.  I have used real rubber from inside a bungee cord before.  But also thin tin wire makes a good looking seal.  I'll find something that looks good to scale tho.

• Like 1