Big As MAZ - DONE

RichO

Over here in South Wales we would say (well they would say it, I wouldn't coz I'm English): "That's tidy, butt". Now before you start worrying, 'butt' is South Walian for 'mate' which in turn is Britese for 'friend'. It's not what you guys over there think it is. 

Anyway, whichever way we say it, you know what we mean don't you...

• Haha 2

Thanks Everyone!

The skinning continues...

IMG_2670_zpsz4ywpvxm.jpg

IMG_2671_zpsj7oz80cg.jpg

IMG_2676_zpssi9g1t5j.jpg

IMG_2677_zpssqqhkzl4.jpg

Now I get to add the details.........Later All.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Hey All,

I just received a notice from our friends at PB, that my account is being closed.  Even tho I have already paid up until June.  I think they can't stand the idea of me "getting away" with my account as is, so I've been shut down.

I do not know when they will scratch the photos, but I will be back when I find a new host.

The building of the Engine Covers continues with the hinges for the hoods.  I have spent the last week or so cutting parts and assembling the hinges and I will take photos of everything so I'll have plenty to show when I get back.

Thanks All.

I just caught up on this. Please tell me before you are ordering styrene the next time, I will buy some Evergreen stocks beforehand! It is not even front running^^ and let's hope they are actually listed on the pinks.

I just love this project, despite it eating up a lot of my spare time.:worthy:

Prost, going to a vineyard reception/party tonight, I will raise a glass to this one here.

/Stefan

• Like 1

Thanks Blaubar,

I usally buy all the styrene that I need for one project at one time.  That way I don't have to interrupt the build process.  But always something to buy later on in the build.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

Good to be back.  I'm still trying to get a grip on ImageShack, so I hope all this works out ok.  I can't seem to see my images on their site.  However....

I left off with needing to add the details to the engine cover.  This all went well but slow.

More hinges...

pmwioxRgj

pmEfRM37j

A lot of test fitting...

pnirDoESj

pmP8pfk0j

Grab Handles...

pn1P1747j

pmXmrU9Bj

A last look before the great cover up...

pmrKQUJEj

poicaa87j

pnDEeNOPj

pmgujP0Wj

At this point it was off to the Paint Dept. for a rough job...

pn97EqQgj

pmZrja4kj

Fresh back from the paint shop...

pmN6tp6tj

A buddy at another site wanted to know how much Betty weighs to date...

poktLnklj

pmZO1XcXj

She's getting hefty now!

I have so much extraneous stuff to build, that I will be working all over for a while.  Fuel cans, Oxy bottles, Grab handles, Clamps...just a bunch of small stuff.  

I'm also working on the Cab structure.  I have plenty of things to work on, but I'll take photos of all the small stuff.

Until next time..........

• Like 11

I just know if I tried to make hinges like that I would:

1) squash the tube flat while cutting it

2) when gluing the tube to the sheet, let glue leak in to the tube or onto the rod fixing everything solid

good work & love the paint finish on the case.  Looks suitably rustic!

• Like 1

Hey All,

I got the Imageshack thing sorted, so no more problems with that.

A short report for today.  The last couple of days were spent on the Mufflers.  Not to complicated, but with some rod bending.

Parts....

pne76Hkcj

I just need some connecting pipe now....

pnmDYsOBj

pmyeB4O2j

Two new, old rusted Mufflers...

pmLMgjevj

I get to mount these under the Running Boards, up under the engine.  Only the exhaust tips of the mufflers will be seen from the outside.

That's it for now.  The next report will be on the all the hood locks.

Stayed Tuned.........

• Like 8

Up to your usual high standards Rich

I could smell that engine

Kev

Can anyone explain why I can't see the pics on the last two posts on two different laptops but can see them on my phone? I think you'll agree not the best place to see this work

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Manfred!

KEV,  I asked about not being able to see the photos.  The response I got was that, the OS on some devices don't mesh with Imageshack OS.  I'm not so sure what that means, but I got mine working tho. 

2 hours ago, RichO said:

the OS on some devices don't mesh with Imageshack OS

Well I don't think that's very PC :wink:

Sorry couldn't resist ....

Problem solved

Pics ca be viewed on other half's tablet at a reasonable size, you may continue working

Kev

• Like 1

I've really enjoyed following this build, but unfortunately, I must have a computer that doesn't see the images that you post, as all I get is the text, accompanied by small black crosses. The last lot of photos that I was able to see were the ones that you posted on the 9th November.

John.

• Like 1

Hey John,

Check out page 3, posting #69.  The colors I use are straight out of the bottle.  I don't premix, I let the mixing happen on the part itself.  I get a more random pattern of the rust that way.  I approach painting a model kit the same way I approach my paintings for a gallery.  I slop the color on and let gravity and the natural flow of paint mix the colors.  The less I do the better the part looks when finished.

• Like 1