1/72nd Revell Thunderbolt Mk.II,.. was also to be 73 OTU, but now...SEAC,....KL849, FJ-G of 271 Sqn in 1945,.....FINISHED!

Cheers Fellas,.....here is another small update,.....I`ve given the model a coat of matt varnish and a watercolour wash to dirty it up a bit and accentuate the panel lines;

DSCF7515_zpsosmifkyu.jpg

Looking for the undercarriage tonight and it seems to have gone walkabout`s,.....hopefully it will show up soon!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 5

Just saw the Gallery pics Tony, another winner from you. I really like the bare metal SEAC scheme with the blue stripes.

Cheers mate,..glad you like it. I have a soft spot for that scheme too and I`m just finishing off a Mossie in the same scheme!!

All the best

Tony

Excellent SEAC jug there Tony,I've always preferred the NMF RAF thunderbolt myself.

Cheers Allan

• Like 1

Excellent SEAC jug there Tony,I've always preferred the NMF RAF thunderbolt myself.

Cheers Allan

Thanks Allan,......glad you like it,......the main problem with the Revell kit are the awful cowling cooling gills and I`m glad that I filled the gaps in and rescribed them,

All the best

Tony.

Well done Tony she looks great, the gallery photos are really nice.

It's actually a nice change to see an aircraft in NMF with SEAC markings......though I prefer the camouflaged versions (I think because i'm too scared to try a NMF!!).

Again congratulations on a nicely built model, I hope you enjoyed yourself, it was great having you along for the build...now hurry up and finish the other ones!!! :D

• Like 1

Great looking build.

I have built two of these Revell kits myself and I have to agree with you on the cowl.

Otherwise a nice little kit and you did a great job on yours.

Greg in OK

Edited by Greg in OK
  • Like 1