1/8 Ferrari 250 GTO (been under my hat...)

OK you guys...

I know I'm on the 'little' 1/12 Caterham at the mo' and I'm still thrashing about with an E Type transkit.

Also - the Knobbly Lister might hit the starting blocks sooner than later, but I'm also looking at having a go at a Ferrari 250 GTO.

I just fancy something different to Jaguars and Astons.

Not sure about which one or the colour, but as I'll prob only make one, I suppose it really ought to be good old red.

Any suggestions out there?

Roy.

I thought pic 2 was a Daytona Coupe for a sec haha. I would go for the third of the above pics but I think if you're only going to have 1 it has to be a classic red one. Everybody has to have a least one red Ferrari haha.

Ashley

EDIT: Or what about the 250 GT SWB Breadvan as something oddball? lol

Edited by MetroRacing

Just clicked to follow this one, Roy. I don't have a kit in mind but if it's like your previous builds I know I'll pick up plenty of good technique good for any modeling. Go for it. Thanks.

Alf in Iowa

This topic got me to dig out my Jess Pourret book (The Ferrari Legend) for a refresher. Not a modern "pretty" book with luscious coffee table photography but really juicy b/w period photos of arcane stuff like chassis detail and the like along with many many race specific photos identified with chassis numbers.

The cars as they were, not as they are.

If Roy's doing it, it'll be better built and painted than the real thing in the day! Question is, Roy, are you prepared to knock it about the way the owners did when they were hard worked racing cars rather than £multi-million collectors pieces? ;-P

Bestest,

M.

Roy, did you ever think about it to make some copys and sell it after is done?

I mean a GTO in 1/8 would be a holy grail for me.

Body parts and other main parts for sale and the rest for scratching.

That would be awesome.

I will keep an eye of this.

Regards Christian