Zvezda Mil Mi-26

Thanks for the welcome chaps, yep it sure is large for the scale, and it has loads n loads of rotor blades too,(well 8 actually).............

Wowsers, this is going to be great. :popcorn:

How far away did you have to stand to get the sprues in frame?!!

Dermot

About six foot...................

Great choice of subject.

Truly an impressive beast, I look forward to watching your build.

Do you know which scheme you are going to finish it in?

Craig.

Not too sure but probably RA-06291 of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations.............. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwiZv6zY3cXLAhVGExoKHZD8BawQjhwIBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhelicomontagne.fr%2Freportage%2FindexEN.html&psig=AFQjCNGN1z1-hlO_KBhjsM3_dsHFMpCTeg&ust=1458235749945509

Smudge

I have the Southern Front kit of this helicopter, which I think is slightly different to this kit. But I do wish you luck with this and will follow hopefully learning some things about the kit along the way.

Thanks Jabba, i didn't know about that version, does it not use the same sprues??.....................

The Begemot decals have arrived from Russia, and what a set, there must be 30 versions on it, I would need a big house to make most if not all the airframes provided...............

IMG_0326_zpschi0lvdj.jpg

I'm glad to note that 2 aircraft are included in the scheme I would like to do..................

Also in the post this morning..................

IMG_0327_zps1m61ljwj.jpg

So I can make a start on it soon.....................Watch this space!!............................Smudge

• Like 8

Excellent choice! I'm not much of a helicopter kit-builder (not much of an aeroplane kit-builder either, although I start many), but this is one that's always intrigued me just by its size. I believe it has the same cargo load as a standard C-130. At any rate it is a beast. Best of luck on the build!

Regards,

Jason

I have the revell one Tony Look at it and put it back

Its as big as a C130 I wouldnt know where to put it

On the other end of the scale just finishing off the Amodel KA-226 You could do one of these as the cargo!!

Rodders

I have the revell one Tony Look at it and put it back

Its as big as a C130 I wouldnt know where to put it

On the other end of the scale just finishing off the Amodel KA-226 You could do one of these as the cargo!!

Rodders

Now that's a thought, and it's in the same livery too....................Well spotted Rodders.....................

This chopper brings back memories, it is a big bugger, i was lucky enough to go onboard and have a nosey when it dropped in at Redhill in the late 80's, along with a havoc, hind, helix, mil 17 and a few others, (first time seen in the west).

The crew dropped one of the access panels to the port engine and set a dining table on it and had a dinner party on it the night before the all the brass turned up.

Its got an overhead crane inside that travels the length of the fuselage and can pick up a couple of main russian battle tanks and fit them inside.

Will follow with great interest

All the best Chris

Thanks Jabba, i didn't know about that version, does it not use the same sprues??.....................

I have been in the loft and taken some pictures of the South Front kit. It does not use the same sprues, making for a much more complicated way of making up the fuselage in the same way the A-model would do.

P1010303_zpsyqvalxe2.jpg

P1010304_zpsbs6jm22i.jpg

• Like 1