Bandai 1/72 TIE Advanced x1 and First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter

Evening all,

Maintaining my addiction to these superb Bandai kits, here's another two completions hot off the bench. The first is Darth Vader's advanced TIE from A New Hope, whilst the second is the Special Forces TIE from The Force Awakens. Both were impeccable to build as is to be expected and great fun once again. As before, the bases are custom made using a laser engraver, although I've made life easier for myself this time using straight matt black acrylic to eliminate the need for routing required of the aluminium bases I used previously.

25675135422_4bf28d23dd_o.jpgBandai 1/72 TIE Advanced x1 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

25495425230_17ef4d004f_o.jpgBandai 1/72 TIE Advanced x1 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

25165624384_a0917b2bf4_o.jpgBandai 1/72 TIE Advanced x1 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

25770037416_c91ddf4879_o.jpgBandai 1/72 TIE Advanced x1 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

25165779944_f17f96bcc0_o.jpgBandai 1/72 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

25165778604_18d5249ec0_o.jpgBandai 1/72 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

25770199226_774e5821b4_o.jpgBandai 1/72 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

25675293272_8ea29bb9a9_o.jpgBandai 1/72 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed

Cheers,

Shaun

• Like 5

I think these look terrific. The colour of Vader's TIE is consistent with my memories of the vehicle rather than the blue shade of grey we are often asked to accept. However, my recollections may be based more on the box art of MPC's version of Vader's TIE rather than the film itself, I know I spent many shopping trips as a young teenager looking at the kit wishing I had the money to buy it.

Your rendition of the Special Forces TIE also looks to be spot on.

And those bases, they're perfect. Sophisticated elegance and the perfect addition to an in-flight display as they don't detract from the model by drawing your attention away. I really like them.

Good work all round.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments all, much appreciated.

I don't like the color reversal they used in TFA- sure make the hull any color you want but it does not make engineering sense to me to suddenly having light grey solar panels.

I painted mine metallic steel instead

After my third viewing of TFA, I noticed the panels had a sheen to them, so I've used white aluminium.

• Like 2

The bases are really cool, much better than what comes with the kits. I noticed you have tinted the FO TIE transparencies red. The Bandai box shows it that way on the box art, but no other reference I have seen does. Did you have any other source for it?

• Like 1

The bases are really cool, much better than what comes with the kits. I noticed you have tinted the FO TIE transparencies red. The Bandai box shows it that way on the box art, but no other reference I have seen does. Did you have any other source for it?

My references were both the box as you suggest and another build I saw of the regular FO TIE on here. Whether it's accurate or not, it looks the part I think B)

Does the First Order TIE Fighter come with a two seating cockpit or is it only set up singly ?

The special forces TIE has two seats, I believe the standard FO TIE has just the one.

Cheers,

Shaun