Brewster F2A-3 (Buffalo), Midway, Summer 1942

Hi Everyone,

There I was with a Tamiya Buffalo with a broken canopy, no decals, no aerial mast and no instructions, Mmm what to do with it?

CERoPBc.jpg

So I searched the spares box and found a Navy type canopy so started looking at US Navy Buffalo to add to my Pacific collection.

wrVRyqP.jpg

I eventually came across a few profiles on line ( but unfortunately no photos ) of a Marines Corps F2A-3 with markings I could cobble together from the stash.

hhDjoIz.jpg

So I chopped the nose off, added some rectangles of plastic sheet and extended the fuselage by about 1/4"

TsSNcnl.jpg

Sanded the frames off the sliding canopy and drew some lines to try and represent where the bits were bonded together

evkYIZg.jpg

Modified the propeller hub slightly with plastic tube, painted, decalled and moved aerial to the wing, to represent a........

kpRTpeL.jpg

...worn out at the end of its life, F2A-3 of VMF-221, US Marines Corps, Midway, circa 1942

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 29

Well.......sometimes, an outstanding model appears and make me look at it for a while, just to find how an old kit can be built into an excellent head turner...and this is one of those times...

Can't say nothing but hats off.....your "little barrel" shows a lot of love and care....

Cheers

• Like 1