Germany 1968

11hrs%2045mins%201_zpsfqwtf0vq.jpg

11hrs%2045mins%202_zpscuvvlrjq.jpg

11hrs%2045mins%203_zps26ziakhf.jpg

11hrs%2045mins%204_zpsqyhy4v3p.jpg

11hrs%2045mins%205_zpscic5tpcx.jpg

11hrs%2045mins%206_zpsdtdd6uly.jpg

11hrs%2045mins%207_zpsyvljxuku.jpg

Probably one of the easiest conversions you could ask for. The FAA Models resin nose simply drops in to place in place of the kit part with the absolute minimum of fuss and just a smear of filler. In total this model spent only 11hrs and 45mins on my bench from the moment I opened the box until this afternoon, and I enjoyed every one of those 765 minutes. Not my first RoG Hunter and won't be my last... One of the best 1:72 kit of recent years ???, IMHO yeah, it is.

Please feel free to make any comments, criticisms or ask any questions. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Ian.

• Like 32

A very good looking Hunter! I also liked this kit a lot.

Just one minor point: I am not sure whether the RAF PR.10 had a downward facing camera window in the nose. This might have been only a feature on the FAA's PR.11.

• Like 1

Lovely Hunter but how did you get the Xtracolour enamels to dry in anything under a week never mind 11 hours?

Duncan B

Yeah I remember the first Xtracolour's I bought back in the day were dreadful and sometimes never dried at all. I don't have any problems with the paint, but sometimes, Humbrol varnish will take weeks to cure.

Ian.

Lovely,is that replacement nose sold separately or part of a set?.

It's a tiny set, that also includes a new dive brake, an arrestor hook and a spare set of 100 gallon drop tanks, Not sure if it's still available, I've had mine for years and years.

Ian.

Superb Hunter Ian, looks absolutely gorgeous. Been through the wip as well, some nice tips,

Sean

Edited by sean
  • Like 1

Very nice result. Excellent smooth finish. And it's a Hunter. What's not to like?

I wish I had a clue how much time I spend on a project. How do you keep track? Simply a case of discipline?

Jay

• Like 1

How do you keep track? Simply a case of discipline?

Jay

I NEVER keep track, Jay, I just did for this build as it was built for the 'Micro Modelling Month' GB over at Modelers Alliance and I though it may be something a little different to try. The longest session of the 12hrs 45mins, was the two-and-a-bit hours of decalling, which isn't any sort of surprise, eh ??

Thanks for all the positive comments, folks, really appreciate it. Next, a big F-15A, stay tuned !!

Ian.

Edited by Ian

• 1 month later...

Thanks all, great to get so many 'positives', and never taken for granted.. As it turns out the next 'production' won't be a BIG F-15, but a more modest 1:48, an AB-212 http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234999743-ab-212/ that's over in the Helicopter Group Build.

Ian.

Edited by Ian

Really nice Hunter, haven't seen many built in a while and then all of a sudden two come along at once! Also, who can't love an aircraft in 4 sqn markings!?

Rich